PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I'll be 50 in 2 months.
I've always been a fat ass, even through 7 years in the infantry. I'm under 200 for the first time in a decade, so it could be worse.
Quitting cigs after 33 years was a great accomplishment. I keep myself in jobs that keep me moving to compensate for my lack of personal discipline to do it on my own.
I married a woman 15 years my senior whose goal is to reach the age of 120. She has positively affected my consumption habits. In reality, she'll likely reach 100 and I might make my 80's, so we're a good pair.
I no longer drink to black out status. Being exclusively on two wheels severely curtails alcohol consumption. I did try that high speed break dancing one time and it was not fun.
I did enjoy herbal self medication for a spell after the military. It actually helped me manage reentry into the civilian world, stress management and served as diversion therapy for my alcohol consumption.
Soon thereafter, I went into commercial driving so that stuff had to go. I also began collecting old rifles, an additional motivation to live the straight and narrow. Some things don't mix.
As the old saying goes, I've spent most of my money on drinking, smoking and women. The rest, I wasted! :lol:
jay-roger.jpg

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Smoking a pipe, nasal snuff, my wife, and whisky are my vices. I walk daily, exercise sometimes,eat whatever I want but in moderation. I have not lived the healthiest of lives with field work in high risk areas, working with and around radioactive isotopes, exposure to alkenes when I was a grease monkey (toluene, etc), worked with venomous snakes and survived 2 bites, and was dumb enough to play football when I should have been protecting my noggin resulting in benign vertigo and other fun things such as peripheral neuropathy, etc etc. I like the live everyday as if it is your last mantra.

upnorth1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2017
La Belle Province, Canada
I smoke 3-5 bowls a week. Drink moderately, no drugs, vegetarian diet. Summer my wife and I do a daily 15 kilometer bike ride. This winter switching from downhill to cross countryskiing due to knee replacement. I workout 3 times a week in a gym, half hour of cardio, then an hour of strength and flexibility work. I'm 68.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I’m 75,cancer survivor of 20 yrs, heart bypass, stints, wounded in S Asia, blew out of a Control Room in BR La that shattered half of Baton Rouge’s homes windows, escaped a fire while 6 floors up and almost no escape, here I am, as Ash says avoid assholes, even though my wife says I’m an asshole. :rofl:

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Cajun, my wife reminds me all too often also. I guess that's why I try not to complain about other assholes too much.
Yes, the avoidance of assholes is very important to a healthy lifestyle and sadly I only figured out how important relatively late in life. I've also noticed that by avoiding them, you can be labeled as one. Oh well.

smokeyweb

Dec 29, 2013
I drink 6 beers or 1/3 bottle of scotch or bourbon a night, smoke 2 cigars a day, smoke around 4-6 pipes a week, drink a pot of coffee a day, eat til my eyes fat shut, and take multiple swigs of grade A dark amber maple syrup a day because I am a straight baller. Rode hard and put away wet. Fast track to nowhere, son!

smokeyweb

Dec 29, 2013
And... there is a permanent ass print on my couch because I only move when I have to go to work.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Reminds me of the joke..

Doctor: I have the results of your test.

Patient: is it serious? Will I live a long life?

Doctor: first, let me ask you a couple of questions. Do you stay out late and cavort? Do you eat delicious high calorie foods? Do you sometimes drink to excess?

Patient: Heavens no.

Doctor: Then why do you care?

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I'm not sure I even average a bowl a week. Maybe as an average but some weeks I don't smoke anything.
I have always struggled with my weight. The moment I don't exercise 5 times a week I start putting it on.
I'm scheduled for gastric sleeve surgery on Jan 11 next year. I'm converting my loft to a gym with a treadmill and weight machine. I should be finished installing the rubber flooring this week.
If that doesn't work I'm giving up and switching to an all cheesecake diet.
The actual problem is that I drive a desk for a living. Weight wasn't as much of an issue when I was younger and on my feet more often.
I've had several doctors tell me the occasional smoke, with it's relaxation, is healthier than keeping my stress levels elevated.

Status
Not open for further replies.