Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homesteader

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2019
I noticed on Pipes & Cigars' website that a few of the Match blends are no longer being produced. Match Hickory, at the end of its description, had the notice "Due to pending regulations, this blend is being discontinued." Others just said "This item no longer available for purchase." I discovered this while checking on Blue Boar, which is also no longer available.

So stock up if there's a Match blend you enjoy. I already have a pound or more of Revelation. I don't know if all of the Match blends are going away eventually or just some of the less popular ones.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I just received modest portions of several. I'm sorry to hear these rumblings of further disruptions. I can coast for a long time with a small stash and moderate consumption. After the excitement of changes and disappearing blends, I guess the project will be to find more variety by mixing and buying what's left.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The shit seems to be hitting the fan..
8/8/21
tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick...

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I noticed on Pipes & Cigars' website that a few of the Match blends are no longer being produced. Match Hickory, at the end of its description, had the notice "Due to pending regulations, this blend is being discontinued." Others just said "This item no longer available for purchase." I discovered this while checking on Blue Boar, which is also no longer available.

So stock up if there's a Match blend you enjoy. I already have a pound or more of Revelation. I don't know if all of the Match blends are going away eventually or just some of the less popular ones.
Thanks for the heads up. Time to stock up on a few. Sad days ahead

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014

It's the deeming. Get ready to see a lot more of it in the coming months.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm hoping enforcement will fizzle with too many other issues to worry about, but it looks like fewer blends in the future for sure, and a stall on new ones for the foreseeable future.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It's the deeming. Get ready to see a lot more of it in the coming months.
Simple economics. No one wants to be stuck with a ton of supply that they can't sell. So the slow selling stuff is getting axed while there's still time to unload what's left of it.

Smegma Gold XX may be the blend of your wet dreams, but the rest of the planet is repulsed by it. Better stock up on all you can find while you can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.