PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
I'm excited just commissioned to get my first pipe made. It's being made by Chris Askwith, it will be a chubby Rhodesian. I'm really excited about this, I've seen some of his other work and I was very impressed. I learned of him through the Oom Paul Podcast, he gave a great interview and I went and checked out his work and I was blown away to say the very least. I just needed to have one of his pipes.. I hoping he can give me a few pictures as the baby is born, if he does I'll be sure to share them with you guys. Now the hard part, the waiting.

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
His pipes really spoke to me from the first I saw them. I've seen lots of great pipes but there was just something abouts his pipes.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Congrats, working directly with the artist must be pretty cool. Something I've not experienced yet. Will be looking forward to seeing it on the forum.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I've watched Chris progress from beginning pipe maker to where he is now. I've even been lucky enough to meet up with him and find him to be a great guy.
He's come a very long way. I've got some of his beginning work and seen some of his newer stuff. He's learned a lot and put it to work for him.
Looking forward to seeing what he makes for you.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Chris does excellent work.
AskwithBelge06-1.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very nice...looking forward to seeing the finished product. I was looking at his site...would certainly like to acquire one of his myself some day. It mentions that he makes some pipes with "Morta (10,000 yr old semi fossilized Bog Oak)" ... now that sounds quite intriguing.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
It mentions that he makes some pipes with "Morta (10,000 yr old semi fossilized Bog Oak)" ... now that sounds quite intriguing.

I'd like a morta as well, but all the ones I've seen are out of my price range. Cajunguy has one, he said, and i quote. "Its one hell of a smoking instrument"

Status
Not open for further replies.