PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I've seen intoxicated people light the wrong end on cigarettes many times. I did it myself on a few occasions in my early 20's, but thankfully noticed right away before inhaling.

My friend Tyler was not so fortunate, he once got a good lung full of whatever the plastic foam stuff in DuMaurier filters is. When he blew it out the stench cleared the tiny smoking room at the bar we were at.

It reminds me of the time my buddy's stepbrother smoked a rabbit turd in a bong thinking it was a nugget of hashish. That too was a room clearer.

Civil War

Lifer
Mar 6, 2018
Yes, once or twice. It starts to unravel. Once I put a lit cigar down, wasn't paying attention when I picked it up and almost put the wrong end in my mouth. That would have been a bad night. ☠️

• Haha
Reactions: danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I have! It was with a Cain F. It only comes with a footband so once I removed the band and cut it, I went to get a drink. Came back and lit it up, and realized it was all wrong after I'd already made good progress toasting the foot. I ended up smoking it, and I remember being surprised that it worked out pretty well! Then there are cigars like the J. Fuego Originals and other cheroots where I'm not sure if there is a "right" end or not, so if there is, well, I've probably done it with those as well. I've lit the wrong ends of cigarettes many times, but always noticed before inhaling.

I haven't taken a swig of chaw juice, but I use an aluminium can for an ashtray while driving. Normally, it is in the cupholder nearest to the center console, and my actual drink in the cupholder closest to me. For some reason, I'd ended up having to move things around while doing a delivery, and forgot I'd put the ash can where I normally put my drink. I felt it before I tasted it. Sparkling water isn't supposed to be gritty! What's that chunk? Oh god, no!

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I'm legally blind. Although I can see, somewhat, out of one eye, I have no depth of field. While toasting a cigar, once, I lit my thumb. I must have had a little butane on the tip, and it lit up quite nicely. While howling in pain, I started to laugh so hard, the tears of pain met the tears of laughter, as visions of Peter Boyle, in Young Frankenstein, danced in my head.
No lasting damage, except a funny story. But, you can bet my fingers are always way back from the kindled end of my cigars.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Done it a good number of times over the last 30 years, mostly when high on something or other.
I used to turn a cigarette upside down and place it back when I first opened a fresh pack, my 'lucky' cigarette. Trouble was if the light was off and I wasn't paying attention I would light the wrong end. So more of an unlucky cigarette really.
I stopped doing it after about 15 years. I'm a slow learner ?

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Done it a good number of times over the last 30 years, mostly when high on something or other.
I used to turn a cigarette upside down and place it back when I first opened a fresh pack, my 'lucky' cigarette. Trouble was if the light was off and I wasn't paying attention I would light the wrong end. So more of an unlucky cigarette really.
I stopped doing it after about 15 years. I'm a slow learner ?

I used to do the same with flipping them upside down. Id flip two, I had one lucky, and one fucky. the last one is for after, incase I got lucky... That rarely ever happened in my youth, but the couple of times it did I was ready. haha

• Haha
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Status
Not open for further replies.