Have You Ever Had One Of Those Pipe Smoking Days Where...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
I frequently suffer from such things as I am super sensitive to, apparently, a vast array of allergens and pollens.

I try to only take OTC allergy meds when I have to...the rest of the time, I find that keeping dust/ash down helps, drinking lots of water (placebo? maybe. but really seems to help with my nose), hot showers, and keepin' the pipes clean

I hate when this happens though, can be a real bummer when you were ready for a pipe-ful day and realize yer kinda on the bench.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Take some snuff. Tap a pile onto the desk. Divide it equally using a razor blade and turn into two long lines of about six inches in length. Take a crisp, clean, high denominational banknote from your country of residence and form a straw. Inhale the lines of snuff and lick the residue from the table. Wait twenty minutes to see if your sense of taste has returned! rotf

Take some snuff. Tap a pile onto the desk. Divide it equally using a razor blade and turn into two long lines of about six inches in length. Take a crisp, clean, high denominational banknote from your country of residence and form a straw. Inhale the lines of snuff and lick the residue from the table. Wait twenty minutes to see if your sense of taste has returned! rotf
Chest Defibrillation - The Thing (5/10) Movie CLIP (1982) HD animated gif

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
Interesting topic. I have often wondered about different body pH levels and the perception of taste\ flavors.
There is probably plenty of info on it but I am too lazy to search for it.. besides I like things to ponder sometimes.

Reactions: JOHN72

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Have You Ever Had One Of Those Pipe Smoking Days Where... you just can't catch the flavor from your tobacco?

I used to attribute this to sinuses; and often on those days, after a hot, steamy shower - and clearing my sinuses - the effect would be alleviated. However, today isn't that day, as nothing seems to be working.

Has this ever happened to you? What's your go-to remedy; if any? - Sherm Natman
Yes, many times last 6 months. Negative for Covid (me).
Nicotine whap more than normal too.

meoget

Lurker
Jan 25, 2021
This happened when I smoked throughout the day. I only smoke a couple pipes per week now, and it doesn't happen at all.

I'm sure some Ardbeg would help a bit. Even if it doesn't, you still win.

Infantry23

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 8, 2020
Smithsburg, Maryland
Have You Ever Had One Of Those Pipe Smoking Days Where... you just can't catch the flavor from your tobacco?

I used to attribute this to sinuses; and often on those days, after a hot, steamy shower - and clearing my sinuses - the effect would be alleviated. However, today isn't that day, as nothing seems to be working.

Has this ever happened to you? What's your go-to remedy; if any? - Sherm Natman
This has been the case for me, specifically today, but more or less over the past week or so. I seem to not get the flavors I had been getting previously for some reason ?

PipeDad33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2020
Kansas
Not a bad day, but every time I try H&H Black house it ends in a hot flavorless smoke that bites. I don't have trouble with anything else though.

Keweenaw

Lurker
Dec 16, 2020
Michigan
It happens from time to time. If I'm puffing way to much and too often, more than three bowls a day, seems my taste buds have gone to hell.......
I give it a rest and things are back to normal.

meoget

Lurker
Jan 25, 2021
It happens from time to time. If I'm puffing way to much and too often, more than three bowls a day, seems my taste buds have gone to hell.......
I give it a rest and things are back to normal.
From the Keweenaw? That's where I live.