PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I've come to the conclusion that if I want to keep breathing I need to quit smoking. In order to do that I will sell off most of my collection. Those I don't sell will be locked up somewhere so I can't get to them. I've already started the process,which will most likely take a few months--I'm slow. Will have to look for a new hobby to keep me off the streets and out of the bars. Maybe pen making or making toys for the grand brats. I've met some nice folks here and will miss checking in here to see what's happening with y'all.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Sad to see anyone go, but we all wish you best of luck and happiness!

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
ejames:
It was with sadness that I read your post above; however, I understand the dilemma which you face. I have always enjoyed your contributions to the Forums here, and will miss them.
Since, as I understand it, Forum member foggymountain faced a similar choice earlier this year, perhaps the two of you could team-up on a new hobby? :)
Please do check in from time-to-time and let us know how you are faring.
Best Regards,
HunterTRW

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Thank you for making a choice that is in your best interest. I will miss scrolling through messages to find out what ejames has to say on a particular subject. Best of luck on your new hobby.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Sorry to see you go, but you must take care of your health. I'll miss your posts, ejames.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
ejames-

Your health comes first buddy! I have learned a LOT from your posts, and enjoyed them. Please DO check in once in a while, and good luck with everything........

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Oh no 8O have looked forward to your posts since I joined. Your replies to Linkman/Dr Grabow posts will certainly be missed. I'm going to have to start researching things myself, much easier to post a pic and wait for your response :worship:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Man, I'm sorry to see you go, but having been through some serious health scares myself (and having sworn off smoking as well) I fully understand your need and determination. Go find another hobby and don't look back.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Hate to see ya go but you have to do for yourself, maby you can hang around and continue to share your wisdom with us, although the temptations will be there

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I trust you made the right decision for your health and family. You were the first restoration person that I encountered in the world of pipes and I learned pretty quickly to read everything that you wrote and try to emulate your processes. Thanks for being a mentor to me and an all-around good guy, I had always hoped we would meet some day. Be well!

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
Ed, thanks for all of your contributions here. I love the tamper I got from you some time ago. Please keep contributing even if you aren't smoking. Your knowledge is still useful here, and your presence is wanted!

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Thank you for sharing your wisdom and experience. I wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.