Has Anyone Handled This Pipe Bag in Person?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I am looking for a pipe bag and besides Smoking Holsters, I was considering this Claudio Albieri but was curious about the individual pipe pockets. The leather seems thick and tough possibly being rougher on pipes than need be, while the snaps make me worry the stems would be rubbing on metal. I love the overall look though. Curious if any of you have handled one of these in person. Thanks for any input and if anyone has any further suggestions for a nice traveling pipe bag, don't hesitate to mention it.

http://www.smokingpipes.com/accessories/pipe%20accessories/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=160157

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
That is a very nice bag! I have not handled one personally but from the pics, I don't think once the pipe is in place and you snap the cover over the stem, that the stem will rub on the snap. I would assume that the leather is very soft and would not hurt the pipes, hence the hefty price tag.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I would certainly hope not but it can be tough to tell from pictures. The pipe pouch leather looks like the same leather they are using on the exterior but it may just be the color.

jmui

Might Stick Around
May 5, 2015
I have a smokin holsters pipe bag and really like it! It is really well made and the pipe pockets are very soft.

iajaffe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2010
I can only comment that the pipe cleaner sleeve a got recently from them is some of the softest leather I have ever felt.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I have two Smokin Holster bags but the details on that bag outshines those (adjustable strap, which also looks super secure/snap closures for the stems). The interior leather on the SH bags is very soft. That flap top with easy access to all the slots looks very convenient. My Ultimate bag, with a full length zipper is a bit hard to access the pipes in the rear of the bag. For the same money, I'd go with the Albeiri bag.

jmui

Might Stick Around
May 5, 2015
ssjones, which smokin holsters bags do you have? Do you have the big one? What is your review for that one? I only have the satchel type one right now and it fits two pipes. I am also looking for the future for a larger one like this or the smokin holsters one for 8+ pipes.

ncphinsfan13

Lurker
Oct 18, 2014
I've got a 14 inch Smoking Holsters bag for my Vauen churchwarden...very soft leather and well made bag.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That Albieri bag is gorgeous. I bet if you call SP they will answer any questions you have and very honestly of course. For the money, that looks like a hell of a deal. I think SH bags are double that if memory serves.

michail

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 7, 2015
Paros, Greece
I saw the in Chicago Pipe Show, there have great quality leather, but the ones that had there had really crazy colours and they were too much for me.
The one you posted is great thought

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
If I was spending that much on a pipe bag I would go with smokin holsters as well. Can't beat the quality and Neil is a nice guy.
That being said the bag you posted seems nice but I have never seen one in person.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
This year I decided I need a better way to contain pipe stuff. I had everything I needed in a cloth bag. But whatever I wanted was always on the bottom. I talked to several older guys and they suggested a fishing vest, with lots of pockets. $29 on sale at Gander Mountain. CPCC meeting is in two weeks. I will join the guys wearing this fashion statement.

nismo270r

Lurker
Jun 11, 2012
Northern KY
Although, it was not the specific bag you linked, I have see Claudio's bags in person. The ones I checked out were this style:
Claudio Albieri Briefcase with Pouch
The leather is very soft and supple, but definitely feels durable. The pouches in this style are a bit different from the one you listed and I can't honestly remember if the snaps were exposed on the inside of the pouch. They are gorgeous bags with impeccable quality, which is naturally reflected in the prices. Neil (Smokin' Holsters) makes a great product as well that is similarly priced. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.
I've also seen a lot more folks using Saddleback Leather bags as pipe bags lately. Depending on how much you're wanting to lug around at one time, they may have something that fits what you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.