PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My favorite English monarchs are females: Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Victoria, and Queen Elizabeth II. They were/are each much better with royal finances, keeping the peace while growing the strength of the country, and maintaining the stature of the crown. It seems like most, maybe all, of the Kings botched one, two or all of those endeavors. My ramshackle forebears didn't want any of it and broke loose of the Commonwealth, but Britain has been very proud of us anyway, if sometimes a little condescending. Sir Winston had an American mom, take note.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I dont gave 2 damns about the royal family. My concern was with Prince Albert having the corona virus.
no need to worry about Prince Albert he died about 160 years ago

Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (Francis Albert Augustus Charles Emmanuel; 26 August 1819 – 14 December 1861) was the husband of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. ;)

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
no need to worry about Prince Albert he died about 160 years ago

Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (Francis Albert Augustus Charles Emmanuel; 26 August 1819 – 14 December 1861) was the husband of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. ;)

I know it, but what about "Match Prince Albert" ? rotf

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Henry VIII and Richard III are great British monarch anti-heroes, but some historians argue Richard III got a bum rap, mostly because of the Shakespeare play. Henry VIII was not an astute military leader, a poor steward of the royal fortune, and couldn't produce a healthy male heir. As a young man, he was handsome, courtly, a musician, composer, excellent dancer, and powerful jouster and military man in the field. Then he started exiling and beheading his wives and didn't do much good after that. But some British, and many others, still love him for his catastrophic character in his later years. His greatest success was being the sire of Elizabeth I whose mom he beheaded, or had beheaded. Lizzy was the real item.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just a footnote: I think Elizabeth I survived because various of the shrewd old courtiers thought she could be co-opted and led, for their uses. Meantime, she'd spent her life almost from birth learning the circuitous ways of the court and was already a fierce court politician and monarch. By the time the old boys figured that out ... it was way too late. She never married but seemingly had plenty of fun with various boyfriends she kept carefully in check. I think she was quoted as favoring some "stirring in the codpiece."

Reactions: jpmcwjr

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Didn’t you get the check? We mailed it several weeks ago."

Actually no Renfield we didn't, but it's likely stuck in the system due to CV.....so thanks anyway chum :)

BTW I sincerely hope you sent a cheque and not a check ?

Regards,

Jay.?

S

sunriseboy

When it comes to their security bill and indeed their living bills, methinks that Charles will be called upon to fund the child that might not even be his own!!!

ie the UK tax payer will fund it.
I would have thought that Blind Freddy and his dog had the paternity of Harry figured out 30 plus years ago.
Further, I for one find it insulting, multi millionaires go around the traps with their hat in their hand looking for hand outs.
MM is as shallow as she looks. It seems these days, if you've got good teeth and tits, you're some kind of 'saviour'. Harry, on the other hand is still walking around like it was the day after his mother's funeral.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I find it fascinating that so many non-subjects have such strong feelings about a subject, the Royal family which affects them not. The Prince has not requested government protection and neither has the UK Government. It's a media generated issue. And everyone accepts the veracity of media. Correct?

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
Wait!...there are still people out there that believe in the fairytale of kings and queens? My son still believes in the tooth fairy and Easter Bunny but he’s only six. I suppose I shouldn't chastise the believers too much. There are still seven or eight people left in the U.S. that soil their knickers annually watching them Oscars.

Status
Not open for further replies.