PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I order all of my tea from Harney. Just received a box the other day. If you like Lapsang Souchong give Black Cask Bourbon a try.

From their website:
With our new Black Cask Bourbon, we set out to combine the full body and intense aromas of black tea with the rich flavors of finely aged bourbon. The result is simple and stunning: prominent bourbon notes of vanilla and caramel and smoky oak-cask layered atop a smoky base of black tea. Perfect for sipping slow and steady, as a bourbon should be.

Ingredients:
Black tea, lapsang souchong, bourbon flavor. Contains natural flavors.

20210821_172122.jpg

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Although I keep thinking that I would enjoy tea, I never drink it.
o
I order all of my tea from Harney. Just received a box the other day. If you like Lapsang Souchong give Black Cask Bourbon a try.

From their website:
With our new Black Cask Bourbon, we set out to combine the full body and intense aromas of black tea with the rich flavors of finely aged bourbon. The result is simple and stunning: prominent bourbon notes of vanilla and caramel and smoky oak-cask layered atop a smoky base of black tea. Perfect for sipping slow and steady, as a bourbon should be.

Ingredients:
Black tea, lapsang souchong, bourbon flavor. Contains natural flavors.

View attachment 93855
I like Lapsang - I don't like bourbon
but the combo sounds great

I am not a tea connoisseur by any means, but do enjoy a cup of Darjeeling on occasion (Mixed or Second Flush). Recently I am also liking a strong Assam also occasionally.

Using this offer, I bought

1. 1 LB of Lapsang Souchong - Heard about it many times, wanted to try it

2. The reason Indian stores in US (Or for that matter back in India) generally do not carry First Flush Darjeeling is because they are very expensive and very few drink them. I bought 2 oz to try

3. For good measure I bought 50 bags of Camomile Tea to drink at night

Thanks for the tip ?

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I am not a tea connoisseur by any means, but do enjoy a cup of Darjeeling on occasion (Mixed or Second Flush). Recently I am also liking a strong Assam also occasionally.

Using this offer, I bought

1. 1 LB of Lapsang Souchong - Heard about it many times, wanted to try it

2. The reason Indian stores in US (Or for that matter back in India) generally do not carry First Flush Darjeeling is because they are very expensive and very few drink them. I bought 2 oz to try

3. For good measure I bought 50 bags of Camomile Tea to drink at night

Thanks for the tip ?
your wife may not love the lapsang odor be careful when you brew it - but the taste is wonderful

Reactions: cshubhra