PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brassmonkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2018
I have 3 Hardcastle pipes and they all seem to be very good quality. I think the Camden line is fairly early. Bit of info on pipedia. That one you are looking at seems tidy enough.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Looks like a solid stout pipe. For a few bucks you can't go wrong, depending on your definition of few bucks is.
$15us. I know it’s small change for some but unless I’m really set on a certain pipe, I try not to let any PAD estate buys costs more than a decent cob. A stupid principle but one that has helped somewhat to date.

Reactions: anotherbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hardcastle is owned by Dunhill, but I actively dismiss any idea that any of the other brands owned by Dunhill amount to seconds. It's just ownership. I think they are good pipes, though I've never owned one. I do own a Parker, another Dunhill owned brand, and it is good. Cup'O'Joe used to regularly carry Hardcastle, but didn't last time I checked. Likewise, eight or ten years ago, so did Iwan Ries -- they had some that looked quite good with copper bands for forty bucks, but that was long ago. I think it is a good sturdy brand. This one may pre-date the Dunhill purchase of Hardcastle.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Hardcastle made good pipes. I had an old one but I ended up trading it away. I would buy another if one came along that fit what I was looking for

BasketCase

Might Stick Around
Mar 12, 2020
Looks sweet to me, love the shape! Difficult to tell age from the photo. I’ve found that there is quite a disparity in pipe quality when it comes to Hardcastles, but they all smoke well. Some definitely no seconds line. Most on uk fleabay seem to go for £15-25ish so price seems good, I say go for it (though currently in dog house for letting PAD get the better of me so YMMV!!)

• Haha

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Cheers for the responses. Yeah I did the usual pipedia and old forum thread search to get a general gist of the pipe before posting. Just enjoy hearing all of your stories and thoughts.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Looks sweet to me, love the shape! Difficult to tell age from the photo. I’ve found that there is quite a disparity in pipe quality when it comes to Hardcastles, but they all smoke well. Some definitely no seconds line. Most on uk fleabay seem to go for £15-25ish so price seems good, I say go for it (though currently in dog house for letting PAD get the better of me so YMMV!!)
If we total up all of the auctions we pass on surely we are still in credit??

Reactions: BasketCase
Status
Not open for further replies.