PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
I love that! The spigot/army-mount Rhodesians and Bulldogs are awesome. Great pipe!

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
jpmcwjr, the 150 is regularly made in both the Army and Spigot. Here's a link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peterson-Spigot-Red-Spray-150-Tobacco-Pipe-PLIP-/182263013131?hash=item2a6fb8df0b:g:VZMAAOSwFdtXxxtD

I like this one because it short and will fit into the pocket of my fishing shirt with nothing sticking to catch on things.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
g-man,
I believe below is the image of the Pete you referred to above. It's also a beauty. My question was along the lines of wondering what your pipe would look like with a longer stem. I reckon out of balance, as there's bound to be some relationship between the length of the shaft and the stem. (or should be!)
s-l1600.jpg

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Spigots(silver on both stem and shank) are always quite a bit more than Army mounts ( silver on the shank only). Peterson seems to price their specialty pipes (limited production lines) a bit higher than the same pipe in their regular lines. As an example a 150 in a regularly produced line runs between $100 to $150,depending on grade. The same 150 in an army mount starts at about $150 (some exceptions). The Spigot 150 will start at $250 +. I think its more the rarity of the pipe that drives their pricing not the length.

Status
Not open for further replies.