PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I am back guys, after a while of being absent ... and the reason is: I am going to be a father :D So, giving a shout out to the newly begot dads, any budget dings in the pipe/tobacco department? Since it's summer, it's mostly cigars for me, I got me a box of Flor de Olivas last week, and I started feeling bad ... I need to be saving for this child's toys and education not spend anymore on my own toys. Well ... one needs tobacco to smoke, but I am starting to feel guilty about buying new pipes, lighters, tampers, and all sorts of gizmos that I have drawers full of. Any thoughts?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think pipe smoking can be pretty flexible. You may already have a dozen pipes, which is more than you need. You can get bulk tobacco in many excellent blends that will tide you over. You can have a schedule of a few bowls a week, if it comes to that. You can easily have an enjoyable pipe smoking life while doing the hard work and experiencing the great joys of being a dad. Congratulations!

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
Congratulations! Welcome to the club! You’ll be paying for the most random things the rest of your life, so…reward yourself too!

Reactions: FurCoat
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Listen. I'm only going to say this once, because it's probably bad advice.

You know how cool it is when someone joins the forum and says "Hey guys, just getting into pipe smoking because I inherited all this from my dad", and then they post pictures of incredible pipes and tobacco, and we all get excited for them because they're starting off with an awesome cellar?

That could be your kid making a post like that one day...or not. Whatever

All joking aside, fiscal responsibility is wise. Definitely prioritize. I'd bet you can still get everything you need for your family and still enjoy tobacco. If not, tobacco is a luxury and not a necessity. Congratulations on being a dad.

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
Psalm 127:3‭-‬5