PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Though I'd share some recent photos of fall in northern NJ. Fall. My favorite time of year. Latakia weather. Capped off by Thanksgiving. What could be better. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving.
IMAG0739-1-1-1.jpg

IMAG0775-1-1-1.jpg

IMAG0774-1-1-1.jpg

IMAG0842-1.jpg

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Thanks for sharing. It is nice to see trees with real colors. Here in FL we have only 2 colors. Green or brown when the tree is dead.
Boy does that turkey look good. My sister is cooking this year and said we will be having chicken since it is easier to prepare. The most important thing is the time spent together with family and friends.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Great pics thanks!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I loooove the good homecooking.
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Enjoy the family time and good eats!

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Absolutely beautiful! In the PNW we had color for a week and then it started to brown out. When we retire, a great fall is a must.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Thanks folks. Actually it was last year's turkey. But we'll do the same again this year. Thanks for the comments on the pics - all done on a cell phone! Enjoy the food and drink everyone, and stay safe.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Happy Thanksgiving, Kashmir. Thanks for sharing a slice of yours with us. I'm wishing we had your colours, because right now everything is white, except the Christmas lights.
-- Pat

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Beautiful pictures Kashmir, thanks.

mtnfolkmike

Might Stick Around
Oct 27, 2013
Great pics Kashmir.. This is definitely my favorite time of year..That bird looks delicious too..
Hope all you folks have an excellent Thanksgiving.. I am currently dealing with a nasty cold and hoping it goes away by tomorrow..

pflan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2013
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! It's an uncharacteristically cold one here in Georgia!

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Steve - Well, I should take the cake for the most "un-merry". I used to be university professor for the last ten years. I taught microbiology to pre-med undergraduates. Lost my job a couple of years ago. Try as I might, I couldn't break back in, since I can't leave the area. Now, I drive a forklift at Costco on the night shift, making less than half of what I used to make. I'm lucky my wife has decent job though. So my life didn't turn out the way I had planned it. I've learned to live much more simply. At 53 I'm grateful for my health, my two boys, my pipes and my books. So, I have a lot to be thankful for, and I consider myself worthy enough be be called "merry", despite the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.