PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

birdog

Lurker
Nov 26, 2019
Upstate, South Carolina
Well it depends on the circumstances...if I am in my car, en route, any blends like PA, Stok toasted burley, Edgeworth, SWR aromatic, Lane RLP6....come to mind...

Sit down contemplative type situations, I am open to suggestions....I just know I don't like tongue stinging , mouth drying blends, so latakia, bright virginias, have to be light condiments in the blends...I read once where it has to do with alkalinity of burley predominant being more suitable for some...like me..

Flavorings used like typical vanilla, caramel, (i.e. flavored black cavendish) , chocolate., spirits, etc. all good....I like a little sweetening. Would like to find one that's just a tad sweeter than PA, but not as sweet as Stokkebye B&B, Sutliff ZBC, Lane BCA, etc....I mix these often with PA. with good results. I like C&D black cavendish (unflavored, it seems) and mix it or smoke it straight.

birdog

Lurker
Nov 26, 2019
Upstate, South Carolina
Welcome from central North Carolina. I think I overate for the first time in quite a while, but in a comfortable way. Maybe a nap is in my future.
Yep, easy to do on Thanksgiving.....hopefully walked most of it off this morn, chasing the bird dog, chasin the birds....what county are you from in NC?.....I am about to subscribe to a service providing maps of North Carolina showing clearcuts, size, date, etc....grouse like young forest growth....stuff that has been cleared 6 -12 years ago.

indoeuro

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Central Texas
I am retired, and a new member here.....originally from Western Pa., but now retired in Upstate South Carolina....smoked a pipe since high school , off and on....love burley and bird dogs!!!! ( and bird hunting...grouse and pheasant in Pa, and wild quail and woodcock down here, behind my English Setter!!! Happy Puffing,
Terry
Welcome aboard!