PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Happy Canada Day!

A few years ago, I took a train from Seattle to Vancouver (a beautiful trip), and when we crossed the border, everyone was wearing red and having picnics in parks we passed. People were waving at us on the train, even the kids. I remember thinking Canadians really ARE nice. When we were kids, we used to flip off passing trains and throw rocks! I later discovered it was Canada Day, and spent the evening watching fireworks and smoking a Montecristo No. 4 across the bay in North Vancouver. Pretty stellar!

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
ca~r57.gif

God keep our land glorious and free!

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I live in a province where the vote to join Canada is still, just barely, in living memory. It’s quite a story.

And I love the taste of unironic pride one finds in the 1906 English translation of the French original lyrics:

O Canada! Our fathers' land of old
Thy brow is crown'd with leaves of red and gold.
Beneath the shade of the Holy Cross
Thy children own their birth
No stains thy glorious annals gloss
Since valour shield thy hearth.
Almighty God! On thee we call
Defend our rights, forfend this nation's thrall,
Defend our rights, forfend this nation's thrall.

newportpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2011
Newport Beach, CA
I’ve only been to Canada twice. I really enjoyed the sights, history, and people.

Victoria was great and Vancouver was ok on the west coast but, really enjoyed Halifax, Lunenburg, and Chester on the east coast.

I could see living the quiet life in Nova Scotia. It’s great.

Happy Canada Day to our neighbors up north ??

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
Happy Belated Canada Day! My wife always gets homesick on Canada Day so I had a whole load Montreal bagels delivered to Orlando to give her a taste of home. I’m not a bagel person but they sure smell great having been cooked in a wood oven.

Reactions: Rockyrepose

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Happy Canada Day, despite all the "white man" hating going on at the moment.
Yeah I've been trying to convince myself for a long time that it's not so, but this country sucks. It use to be the greatest country on earth, unfortunately
When the cancel vulture is circling that's when we must redouble on patriotism and rejection of historic revisionism; when the finger is pointed it's not the time to "take a knee" but to raise the chin. The vultures only land when the bodies below are dead, you know?

I'm not ashamed of my country because of the cancel rabble or the multi-million grievance industry or Clown Socks in Ottawa: these do not speak for us nor do they represent us.

If you're feeling ashamed and starting to diss or hate Canada, they've already won.

??

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
For the record, you've been ranked #14 on the "World Happiness Report" for 2021 (not sure if that includes Ontario) and slightly higher than these formerly United States down here.

Reactions: Casual
Status
Not open for further replies.