PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Canada as well! Happy Boxing Day!

I’m happy to wish anyone a happy whatever they want to celebrate - I celebrate Christmas and don’t think I’ve ever offended anyone by wishing them one - they don’t like it they can sure let me know!

And since the celebration of Christmas is still continuing - a continuing Merry Christmas to those still celebrating!

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Thank you from across the pond! 2nd day of Christmas is generally a day we keep clear in our agenda, just because we celebrated Christmas eve and first day of christmas with family this year. I have to work tonight, so I slept a little, played some video games with my kids and that was it. Nice day to have a reason to be even more lazy than I'm usually am.

On mainland europe it is generally called 2nd day of Christmas, in the commonwealth (Britain, Canada, NZ, Australia, in Scotland they call it 2nd day of Christmas again) its boxing day. But most countries don't do a lot on this day, most important are Christmas eve and 1st day of Christmas. A lot of ppl go furniture shopping 2nd day of Christmas, I generally avoid stores, but on days like these for sure. Due to lockdown everything non essential is closed.

Last edited:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We almost opened our presents on Boxing Day, but instead, with some roast duck and sparkling wine in us, we re-energized and unwrapped gifts until almost midnight, in by the lock, as it were. We had fun, and even worked in a virtual Christmas Eve service and a Sunday morning service too, which makes us sound a little more devout than we are.