johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Here's to you!
10gy738.jpg

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
He was a double brass plated rat bastard but I could listen to him all day.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
According to his 3 children he was fond of Jack Daniels whiskey, and he wore Cavanagh fedoras over fine Borsalinos or any other brand for that matter.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
He sang song lyrics with the depth of understanding of a great actor interpreting lines. His sense of language along with his exquisite musical sensibility were extraordinary. He was reportedly often wretched toward intimates and people who annoyed him, but he could also be ferocious in his loyalties. For all his wealth and renown and his residence looking over the East River, it cannot have been easy to be Frank.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Ole Blue eyes, my way was my favorite. He was buried with a pack of Camels, a bottle of Jack Daniels and a Dime in his pocket, always carried a Dime just in case of an emergency phone call.
Eric

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Jay Leno has a funny story about when he was just getting started in comedy & had just been on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson for the first time, his first national TV appearance, after which he got a call from Sinatra wanting Leno to perform at a private golf event & entertain Sinatra's "pals" as a fundraiser for their church. The problem was Leno was already booked for another gig. Long funny story short, without Leno's permission Sinatra & his pals were able to "persuade" the club owner to cancel the gig so Leno would be available.
Leno told this story on Jerry Seinfeld's internet show but I just discovered now since it was first posted the story has been greatly edited so Sinatra doesn't look so harsh & connected.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
In truth, Mr. Sinatra was a POS as a human being. But there's no denying his style and ability to handcraft a song. He was an incredibly gifted singer, talented actor yet a colossal misogynist, adulterer, bully and make-believe, mobbed up gangster.
However, I can have a lousy day, fix myself an adult beverage, fill the house with the Billy May arranged "Come Fly With Me" LP/CD and every stress in the world evaporates.
The guy was something else.
And, man, he had chops, too: everything from Maggio in "From Here To Eternity" to a two story arc as an avenging father of a murdered daughter in "Magnum, P.I."
He was something alright.
Fnord

chops

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
Everything Fnord said!
I try not to think about his personal life while listening to his music. I guess that is true for a lot of music. Come to think of it, many talented and popular artists have lead messed up lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.