PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Got a second order in from a little shop in Paris. Great prices, a selection not available in the US, and super fast shipping. (Ordered on the 14th and it arrived today. One of the fastest orders I've ever had go through customs.)

From left to right:

Normandin-Mercier Vintage 2009 Grande Champagne 10 Year Cognac Bottle #22 of 180
Normandin-Mercier Vintage 2009 Grande Champagne 10 Year Cognac Bottle #23 of 180
A.E. Dor Extra Grande Champagne Cognac
Famille Vallein-Tercinier Brut de Fut 1967 Vintage Grande Champagne Cognac

IMG_20210224_104015171.jpg

IMG_20210224_104020083.jpg

IMG_20210224_104022815.jpg

IMG_20210224_104027995.jpg

The second bottle will be opened sometime today. The rest wait for an occasion. Maybe.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Very nice. The various brandies of France and Spain are great, especially when you find a small maker that really hits the mark. I recently had the treat of Calvados and the Pommeau its was distilled from. A real treat to see how the spirit changes from initial fermented drink to distillate.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Hine is my choice these days. it"s available in Alaska from my vendor of choice. Good enough for Winston is certainly good enough for me.

And here I thought that Cognac was the only good source of Cognac!

True cognac comes from the Cognac region. It's the blending of vintages and such which make the differences in taste.

Georgia, former SSR, has a fairly palatable "cognac" imitation/"wanna be" as do some other countries. When I talk cognac with someone I always make the distinction.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Nice!! Did you sample any today?......
The Normandin-Mercier.

Well worth the price of of admission. A noticeable fruitiness. Not quite standard citrus not quite standard tropical. Maybe tangerine? Fair amount of oak giving it a nice baking spice quality I would expect from a quality Bourbon. A sweetness somewhere between honey and carmel. Reasonably long finish. A touch of a medicinal quality but a secondary component.

Reactions: OzPiper and dcon

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
The Normandin-Mercier.

Well worth the price of of admission. A noticeable fruitiness. Not quite standard citrus not quite standard tropical. Maybe tangerine? Fair amount of oak giving it a nice baking spice quality I would expect from a quality Bourbon. A sweetness somewhere between honey and carmel. Reasonably long finish. A touch of a medicinal quality but a secondary component.
Sounds like a wonderful pour............. and your review has that Jiminks vibe to it! Love it!........... ?

Reactions: OzPiper and shanez

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Lovely selection there Shane but what size are the bottles? Full on 70cl or the smaller 35cl? Difficult to tell from the picture.

Not bought brandy in a while but do adore the stuff ?

Regards,

Jay.?

Reactions: shanez
Status
Not open for further replies.