Halloween Horror Flicks - What is Everyone Watching?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
From Dusk till Dawn (1996).

George Clooney's career went downhill from here, in my opinion.

"The Titty Twister" bar looked like my kind of hole until I saw what actually went down in there. Look at those flames!

latest

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
1- "The Grudge"....the version with Sarah Michelle Gellar/Bill Pullman
2- Boris Karloff's (1963) "Black Sabbath"...."A Drop of Water" by Ivan Chekov
3- Original (1955 ) French version of "Diabolique" w/ Simone Signoret

frankrem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2019
Huntsville, Arkansas
Well the wife and daughter had me watch Scream for the first time. Not really a scary film but it wasn't bad. I think one of my recent favorites was the conjuring. Pretty good jump scares in there. My favorite scary movies are around Demons and possession etc. The whole slasher film genre doesn't really scare me. I spend the whole movie pissed off at the morons getting slaughtered like sheep or the bimbo running and falling over tree roots in the woods. :)

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
We started watching Marianne last night on Netflix. It is French with English subtitles. Very creepy so far.

I loved Marianne! However, my only criticism is that IMO the first part of the series is better than the latter part, but overall the whole thing is great and I'd definitely recommend it.

I watched "The Tall Grass" I think it was called last night on Netflix. Also a Netflix original, and based on a Stephen King book. It was pretty good.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Street Trash, Bad Taste, Brain Damage, Frankenhooker, The Undertaker & His Pals, Sleepaway Camp 2 & 3, and Terrorvision are all pretty entertaining. At least they are entertaining to me.

But how in the world do you list Sleepaway Camp 2 & 3 but not the original?!

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
The wife and I also have been hitting the new season of AHS, set in the 80’s. Reminds me of my misspent years in high school and the Air Force. Not very scary but super twisted (I mean the show).

scottygod

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2013
Arizona
www.etsy.com
I don't have satellite this year so I'm missing all of the marathons. I always loved discovering new, bad B movies this time of year. My horror go-to's are typically The Exorcist, Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness and Alien.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Post was suggestions for horror/comedy. First Sleepaway Camp is more of a straight horror movie. 2 & 3 are a different tone, more humor and campiness, no pun intended.

Fair enough. I always thought of the first one as a sort of horror comedy as well, though quite a bit more subtle on the comedy than the sequels.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Bella.......(Abzug)!! does Dallas. Truly horrific.

Just not a fan of horror flicks, though the Gene Wilder flick is one of my favorites all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.