Halloween Horror Flicks - What is Everyone Watching?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

J.Henry845

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 22, 2019
Dutchess County, NY
With the Halloween season coming upon us, what are some of everyone's favorite horror movies?

I am kicking off the season with the original House on Haunted Hill. It is one of the first horror films I remember seeing from my childhood.

Reactions: bnichols23

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I am a huge fan of the Halloween series. I enjoyed the latest addition. Two more are coming which is exciting.
The wife and I are going to see IT part two on Saturday at the drive in.

Reactions: J.Henry845

J.Henry845

Sep 22, 2019
Dutchess County, NY
I was too young to see the earlier Halloween installments in theater upon original release but I have seen the first three in 35mm at different special screenings/events.

There is something special about seeing horror movies in a theater that does not carry over when watching a DVD At home.

I once was at a screening of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre in which the print wa so beat up and worn with age that the film it self melted in the projector. Something most people will only experience as a special effect on one of these new "grindhouse" style movie releases.

Reactions: seanv

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Let's see, there will be White Zombie, The Body Snatcher (with Karloff), Dracula, Black Cat (Karloff and Lugosi), The Old Dark House, The Cat and the Canary, probably about 20 Vincent Price films, several Lee/Cushing films, Halloween and Young Frankenstein.....and of course Charlie Brown.

J.Henry845

Sep 22, 2019
Dutchess County, NY
Let's see, there will be White Zombie, The Body Snatcher (with Karloff), Dracula, Black Cat (Karloff and Lugosi), The Old Dark House, The Cat and the Canary, probably about 20 Vincent Price films, several Lee/Cushing films, Halloween and Young Frankenstein.....and of course Charlie Brown.

I recommend the Black Sleep if you have not seen it. You have Basil Rathbone, John Carradine, Tor Johnson, Bela Lugosi, and Lon Chaney Jr. all in the same movie.

That must have been some experience to be on that set.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I'm not into horror flicks, but every now and then it seems I end up seeing one somehow anyway.

I recently watched this one, and it was pretty good...and definitely qualifies as a horror flick (and not just because it stars Nick Cage).

Reactions: danimalia

oldtoby

Dec 7, 2011
Any movie about Spiders gives me nightmares, especially the movie from the 50's titled "Tarantula". That movie has given me chills since it first came out.
Same phobia here. I can pick up a snake of any kind without a second thought. Spiders, nope. Where did I put that can of Raid?

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Watched Trick or Treat the other night.

66a35b9bbd9b0e3eb353ef5cb1fd1249--scary-movies-horror-movies.jpg

Thinking of watching The Monster Squad this weekend.

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.