PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beargraves

Lurker
Dec 17, 2013
Vidalia
Though I don't believe it has hit retailers yet, C&D just announced what may well be the first ever tinned Halloween blend on their FaceBook page, something called "Mixture Monster":
http://cornellanddiehl.com/the-latest-details.cfm?id=26
Might not be my particular cup of tea, but glad to see a holiday blend without Snowmen, mistletoe, and a damned antler in sight.
Cheers,

beargraves

Lurker
Dec 17, 2013
Vidalia
I started to say I wanted a witch flavored one, but then the image of my mother-in-law popped into my head... (shudder)

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
So one blend but four labels? I like that, more label art for the buck. It would be nice to get a straight VA with some pumkin topping but this is indeed a start.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
well daimyo, in regards to Halloween blends, you've got a few pipes to go with it.
I can't say I'm crazy about the 4 different labels for the same blend, but that's marketing for you.
I know it's not a straight VA, but Sutliff Private Stock has "Taste of Autumn" that I think is akin to the allspice, clove, or "pumpkin-y" scent associated with all things fall.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
in regards to Halloween blends, you've got a few pipes to go with it
That I do, that I do. :twisted: The topping on "Taste of Autumn" sounds good but the classic Cavendish and Burley base is one of my least favorite blend types. Granted, I understand it's use and do enjoy some Aros of this type but darn it, VA seems like a natural to go with Pumpkin being naturally sweet and all. Still, I might give it a shot. I'm sure this Monster Mixture will be somewhat similar in it's base makeup.

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
That blend sounds amazing to me... And so does "Taste of Autumn." It would suit my sweet tooth well.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I have yet to try any C&D blends. This might be my foot in the door to so
Bloody Hell Anthony... A year and a 1/2 into pipes and no C&D blends yet? Wow. IMO they make some great stuff. I'm a fan of burley and they do burley right.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I'm now going to have to pick up some Sutliff Pumpkin Spice. Put a bit of it in a small container with some OGS see if I can alter it.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
I think there was a thread either last year or the year before about Halloween blends and there seemed to be some interest. Glad there is something on the market now. I was surprised when I found there were none. I like my Holiday Spirit but something about fall spices just gets my mouth watering.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I like Devils Holiday but for me it screams summer time berry picking. It just doesn't have that fall feeling for me, likely the lack of mulling spices.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Daimyo. I just got my first tin yesterday. I am going to crack it tonight. I just know that in the last two years it sells out QUICK!

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
I just order 2oz. of Demon, Devils Holiday, Blue Note and Gentleman caller. I'm an aro guy and very curious on the blend, if I like I'll get the other three.

Status
Not open for further replies.