PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manfred65

Lurker
Jul 30, 2021
Hallo everybody and good morning (it's 7 o'clock right now) from sunny Italy.
My name is Gianluca Manfredelli (Manfred for my friends) and I've been a pipesmoker for nearly 40 years. I started in 1983, right on my 18th birthday...
Later on, after reading tons and tons of books and publications about pipes, and in keeping with my increasing acquaintance with pipes, I also started collecting them: new as well as estate pipes (these latter, basically English: Comoy's, Charatans, Sasieni, Barling and so on).
Just to give some info about me, I don't like to have hundreds of pipes (also, because I'm firmly committed to save my marriage); I own few dozens pipes and, what I do to keep them at a reasonable rotation, I follow the principle "one in, one out". At least, as much as I can.
I'm very keen on Italian, English and Danish pipes and, occasionally, I came across some American one (Tinsky, Rollar, Kaywoodies - I admit being really lacking of knowledge about them).
As for tobaccos, it's quite simple: I basically smoke "moderately aromatics": that's to mean that I like mixing up such things as Virginias and Cavendish; sometimes I smoke Virginias (bright) alone, quite seldom perique; once a couple years EMs.
Well, that's pretty much about me. Thanks indeed for accepting me into this family, hoping to enrich my knowledge and...to improve my skills (and my English...) with such friendly frequentation!
Cheers
Manfred

Status
Not open for further replies.