Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Another welcome from Chicago! You are fortunate to live in one of the greatest countries in the world for pipe smokers. You have access to a great variety pipes and tobaccos with relatively low tobacco taxes, plus great shops like Peter Heinrichs, Esterval’s Pipe House, Pfeifen Huber, and more!

Reactions: bayuvarian

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
hello from Bavaria!

nice to meet you all! I lit my first pipe around 20 years ago in my 20s. we had always an on-off-relationship, and too often my choice fell on smoking cigars instead. well, now again, the pipe it is. and I enjoy it, very much, it is a like close friend you have not talked to for a long time, but still feel familiar when you finally see again each other.

I have a couple of pipes, not too expensive, but also not cheap ones. my tobaccos are well aged, as I still have some of the very beginning. sometimes opened - i need to check if they are still smokable - but there should also be some closed ones.

and again, for so many times, I'm an absolute beginner dealing with the basics. your support here already helped me a lot - what an epiphany the breath method was!

Best regards / servus
Sebastian
Servus aus Oberfranken :)

Welcome back to pipes, for any questions feel free to reach out.

Habedieehre!

Reactions: bayuvarian

bayuvarian

Lurker
Jun 21, 2022
Germany, Bavaria, near Munich
dear pipe fellows

thank you very much for the warm welcome! it is nice to meet so many people from all over the world!

Griass di und herzlich willkommen ebenfalls aus Bayern!

Servus aus Oberfranken :)

ach wie schön, da fühlt man sich ja gleich heimisch ;)

You are fortunate to live in one of the greatest countries in the world for pipe smokers. You have access to a great variety pipes and tobaccos with relatively low tobacco taxes, plus great shops like Peter Heinrichs, Esterval’s Pipe House, Pfeifen Huber, and more!

if there wouldn't smoking be prohibited at so many places (especially in Bavaria) :) to be honest, I appreciate that indoor smoking in restaurants etc is forbidden as I also like to enjoy my meals without cigarette smoke. but that also means that there are also many opportunities lost like (open) cigar/pipe meetings. you need to find lounges etc. where you can have a nice smoke together. in summer it is easier, you can smoke at any Biergarten, but I like to choose a place apart others to not disturb them with my clouds.
but I agree that I appreciate the tobacco choice we have here. If I may help you with sending tobacco to your places feel free to contact me. I just don't know yet how to ship, as DHL doesn't allow tobacco shipping (e.g. to US). but there might be other solutions.

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
If I may help you with sending tobacco to your places feel free to contact me. I just don't know yet how to ship, as DHL doesn't allow tobacco shipping (e.g. to US). but there might be other solutions.
Oh DHL does ship tobacco, the problem getting it to the States lies with Customs and U.S. Postal. I have put down my experiences here: