PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
This question is for anyone who has purchased the Halcyon II wax.
How full of the solution is the jar when new? The new jar I purchased is just over half full. Is this normal? I sent an email to the seller last week, but have yet to hear back.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I've bought a couple jars in the last 2-3 years and if I remember they were not completely full. The small jars are listed as one OZ I believe. The jars will probably hold more.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
I have been use over a year and still left quarter of bottle.

When I use wax just little bit on finger did cover whole pipe.

And each pipe was waxed every 3 month. So it will last long over year.

mrmotoyoshi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
Motoyoshi, Japan
I ordered the Paragon two weeks ago and it was full to the top. It was such an excellent product that I ordered the Halcyon II last week and should arrive soon. I will post a picture of it right after I open it for the first time.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I use both Paragon and Halcyon II waxes and really like them. The jars were well above 1/2 full when new. Initially I wasn't entirely a fan as I couldn't get a really glass-like shine. I accidentally discovered how to get a high gloss from these products.

After you have taken a tiny amount and spread it over the exterior of the briar and stem, continue to rub the pipe in your hands. The friction between the particles on your hands and the coating on the wood will produce a much brighter polish than you can get with a cloth. I mentioned this in another thread a few months back and six posted that he had tried this out, even though he doubted that it would would work, and was bowled over by the results.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
To this day the seller never bothered to reply to my questions, but he did send a new jar. I did leave out of my original post that what was in the jar was real runny, not a paste.
I'll draw my own conclusion that some of the ingredients were left out by mistake. The new jar is a paste and while not full, there is quite a bit more wax & stuff in the jar compared to the first jar.

Status
Not open for further replies.