PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
I had a few pounds in cellar...just cracked open an 8oz tin..didn't like at

first, found the blend with some dry time on it...oh yeah delight indeed...I'm

off putting together an order for a few 16oz cans for some age time

Jul 12, 2011
agree brothers, I enjoy 1st thing in AM with good Cuban coffee and then again at the end of my day with Turkish coffee - great blend all hail G.L. Pease :worship:
@bootlegbonvivant , yeah I made the mistake of having my very 1st smoke of this in a large pipe, could not feel legs afterwards, hehe :rofl: So just enough in the AM really kick starts my day...then double that at the end of my day puts me into full RnR mode

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
First time I smoked it, was while waiting in line to pick up the kids from school. When I dropped out of the van, I almost dropped to the ground :rofl:
*edited to add* and that sit was like 40 minutes, so I put it in a large pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a tin unopened in line and look forward to giving it a little more age. This thread is good news.

Jul 12, 2011
Just tried some in a Pamplin clay, if you have not tried in a clay or Meer yet I do suggest trying..outstanding
pamplinclay1-337x600.jpg

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Ohhhhhhhh... Haddo's sooooooooooo good! Hallelujah Haddos! Must acquire more!!! QUick!!!

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
One of my top choices - a desert island tobacco.

For me this could be an everyday, all day smoke.

First preference is in a large WDC Wellington for a long, sumptuous smoke. Second choice is in a rusticated Wengholt (Preben Holm) Dublin with a generous conical bowl.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Great Wild Beast says Yea. I haven't had this stuff in awhile, might be time to crack a tin.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
How does the newer production hold up with the original Haddo’s?

It’s a given that it won’t have the benefit of 10-15 years of aging; I’m just curious about its current quality.

Greg certainly learned a lot through his various Perique blends during the F&P days, and hit a home run with Haddo’s Delight.

Dec 24, 2012
I have not yet smoked a blend that changes as radically with age as Haddos. Delicous stuff, even if some like it fresh better.

Status
Not open for further replies.