PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I’ve been really enjoying this one lately, just ordered a pound.

I find the cigar leaf to be upfront in a really nice, creamy meld with just a hint of Latakia backing it up. The cavendish really sands off the burrs on the cigar leaf. Supposed to be some Perique, too, but I can’t detect it very well.

I’m liking it more than Key Largo or Robusto...it’s a creamy, smoky and tea-like smoke, really well thought out and blended, and just enough strength to satisfy before bedtime.
Anyone else a fan of this one?

atomic

Might Stick Around
Nov 27, 2019
Orange County, CA
I lost my appetite for most blends with latakia, yet still enjoy a few every once in a while. Habana Daydream is one of those. I agree with your description of it being a "creamy meld with just a hint of Latakia backing it up." Thanks for the reminder, as I've now made a mental note to pull that blend out if I get a chance to get a morning smoke in this weekend while it is still cool outside.

Reactions: anotherbob

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
I’ve been really enjoying this one lately, just ordered a pound.

I find the cigar leaf to be upfront in a really nice, creamy meld with just a hint of Latakia backing it up. The cavendish really sands off the burrs on the cigar leaf. Supposed to be some Perique, too, but I can’t detect it very well.

I’m liking it more than Key Largo or Robusto...it’s a creamy, smoky and tea-like smoke, really well thought out and blended, and just enough strength to satisfy before bedtime.
Anyone else a fan of this one?
I haven't tried it yet. My son likes the occasional cigar and I have been thinking I'd get a pipe for him for his visits. This is the blend in mind in part due to your excellent verbiage. I think it's something I could also enjoy with him even though I'm not much of a cigar smoker.
Thanks for your thoughts on it.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I've always been a fan of C&D Billy Budd, but am considering trying some other cigar leaf blends. Habana Daydream sounds similar to Billy Budd so I may have to try it. Thanks for the review.
Habana Daydream has a lot less Latakia than Billy Budd. I love ‘em both, but they are quite different in taste. HD is more floral and a little sweeter, BB is more earthy and smoky.
Habana Daydream, Billy Budd, and GLP Key Largo are my cigar leaf trinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.