PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshpschultz9

Lurker
Mar 6, 2021
I just returned to piping with a basket pipe and some prince albert cherry vanilla,and good word on these H.I.S pipes or anything good to say about ol prince albert

Reactions: STP

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Truth be told, I have to answer your question with a question: are you enjoying them? If you are, continue and if you’re not, move on. I have given away more pipes and tobaccos than I can recall simply because they didn’t suit me, but my first pipe and my first tobacco I still use and enjoy. Go figure? Enjoy the ride and welcome back!

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
I have one H.I.S. (Hugo International Series) bend billiard, which smokes very well. They’re made by Gardesana in Italy. I don’t care much for Prince Albert Cherry Vanilla, but if you like it, then ?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Love PA, not so much on the HIS pipes, but that’s just personal preference on my part. Any pipe that allows you to enjoy your tobacco is a good pipe in my books! Hope you get many great smokes from both!

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
I'm not big on Prince Albert (yet) and may not get a big opportunity to learn to like it, since it seems about impossible to buy now. But I do have a 2 oz jar of it and smoke a bit from time to time. That said, I'm a neophyte with VA blends and am in the early learning curve stage with them (still learning to sip and not puff like a steam powered train!). The Lat blends I've loved this past year and many years ago when I used to smoke are still delightful, but if this makes sense--they seem a bit "boring" to me (not the best word to describe my "feeling"). So, as an aside--for my part, I'll continue to puff a VA or Burley bowl or 3/4 each day & night among the dozen I normally puff--and I'll see what happens. Many on the forum say, if you like it--smoke it. And I LIKE THAT ADVICE :)
kindly
mike

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I have a HIS Dublin Churchwarden. It was the first pipe and first churchwarden that my youngest son bought for me. I still smoke it from time to time and I have no complaints. I tried all the Prince Albert aromatics over time and I'm not a fan. You'd do better trying some of the Lane Limited aromatics like Very Cherry, RLP-6 or 1Q.

Reactions: anotherbob

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
I have a couple. H.I.S pipes, a prince and bent billiard. Both are pretty decent smokers. Great for a day of fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.