PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
I'm not even going to try to do an actual review on this but I'd like to say that I really liked this blend. Smoked it in my Neerup (http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f45/kamikazesasquatch/IMG_0046.jpg) and it was one of the better blended smokes I've had. I think several kinds of major leaf are represented here (Virginia, Perique, Lat, etc) and it really shows through here. The smoke was constantly shifting it's flavor from one leaf to the next and none were overpowering so you could always catch at least a hint of something else (if that makes any sense). I was never overpowered by the lat and it had a nice, mellow kick to it. I'd highly recommend this tobacco. The only problem I had was that it wouldn't stay lit, but I didn't let it dry at all. Just opened the tine, loaded the pipe, and smoked it. I'll probably do another bowl today and try letting it dry a bit first.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Magnum Opus is on my list of blends to order from P&C in the near future, along with Plum Pudding and Black House. :puffy:

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
Thanks OTD. I'll give that a shot today (without drying it) and report back :) That should happen in about 8 hours...oh the wait is gonna suck :)

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
Magnum Opus is a favorite of mine. It's a main now in my regular rotation.
I don't recall having a hard time keeping it lit (not more than a relight or two anyway) and haven't had to dry it at all. You may find the more you smoke it, the more you'll get a hang of packing it just right. Either way - it's a blend to be savored :puffy:

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
Magnum Opus is exactly as it is named. I have a bit in the cellar because

it is exceptional!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
For what its worth, I like Magnum Opus more than Black House. To me, it is a fuller and more satisfying smoke than BH. I did, however, find that I prefered BH over Blue Mountain when comparing those two.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Been saving my unopened tin of Magnum Opus for the Uncle Arthur pipe. I hope it arrived for Christmas! I don't get to open my presents till Friday. :(

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I found many of the same great things about this stuff and my review is HERE I prefer Black House, but this one is way more complex than Black House in flavor and will always be a favorite of mine!

mike68

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2011
Have had the pleasure of a few bowls of Magnum myself and I would concur...great blend and even though it seemed dry from the tin, I've had some gurgle toward the bottom of a bowl. Gonna do some drying next time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.