PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
First and foremost, I must thank Scrooge (I know, right? :) ) for this very ample sample!
The Latakia is rich, delicious and there's plenty of it while the Virginia is sweet and supportive without ever taking the lead.
Perique is listed as well but it's a minor player and is not at all peppery.
What seals the deal for me, though, is the Orientals ... loads of Izmir.
If you are a fan of Balkan blends with an Oriental forward leaf then you must try this blend.
Similar blends smoked would include GLP Odyssey, HH Vintage Syrian and Peretti Tashkent

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
Russ O. is a kickass blender. I haven't had anything by him that I haven't enjoyed. When I place my next P&C order, I'll have to add some of this. I bought a tin of Magnum Opus last week, and that's a really excellent oriental forward Lat blend, too. That's Marquee series, so it isn't quite the steal that the Signature blends are, but damn...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It gets confusing, with Home and Hearth and the Mac Barens HH blends. Nevertheless, Drawing Room sounds right up my street. Russ is working on a Balkan and offered samples of the work in progress, M61, which I find really pleasant. This is a sort of golden age of pipe tobacco blending, with dialogue between the blenders and the consumers.

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
I guess I was lucky to just start coming around to the pipe in the past year. I know some people have lost favorites, and I am sure some of them were great tobaccos, but just the sheer variety of what's available now is amazing.
I'm really interested in that M61. Sounds really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.