PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
BK is a go to blend in my house, although ODF finds itself smoked more often. Bold Kentucky is indeed pretty bold, I don’t find the flavor as rounded as ODF, it’s more rugged and punchy. I love DFK, and BK definitely puts all those BBQ, floral and woodsmoke flavors right out front but I guess I’ve just got to be in the mood for it?

Rustica tastes like IPA/grapefruit/poison to me. I just can’t get into it. Bought a tin, have had maybe three-five smokes and just can’t enjoy it. I like IPAs, I like grapefruit...there’s some kind of poisonous flavor though. Makes my head hurt.

Sounds like i'll like it.

Rustica has definitely something very bitter going on for me, I think you really nailed it with the grapefruit analogy, floral yet bitter. I really can't stand grapefruit.

Reactions: anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I know I'll probably be considered crazy but I suspect a bit like a really small bit of rustica in the Bold Kentucky. I got the faintiest whiff of excited panties through out the smoke that would kind of whaft in and out. And I've never experienced another tobacco that had such a specific aroma. It's not really that strong of a taste but it is there. I really suspect a very tiny small percentage of rustica in there. And I am looking forward to smoking another round of this today on my way to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.