PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pryhosm

Lurker
Sep 22, 2017
I was down to my last bowl of a 2017 tin of Black House and I remembered I had a tin from "the original run" of Black House (as stated by the guy a purchased a lot of 12 tins of vintage tobacco from Ravens Wing to said tin). I wanted to do a side by side comparison of the older and newer versions and I was a little surprised at my findings. The newer tin, with almost 4 years of age on it was much sweeter than the older version, so much so it seemed like the casing was heavier (sugar water, not a flavor). The only other things I noticed was that the older Orientals were either of higher quality in that vintage, or aging really did them well; more lighter brown tobacco's in the older mixture and a much more sour tin note. They are both exceptional smokes, but man was the older tin good! I was curious if anyone else has found something similar.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I purchased two 8 oz tins back in 2013 and still have a good amount left. I've never done any side by side comparisons with the newer stuff. I enjoy this blend, but it always seems to get pushed to the back and forgotten about for some reason.

Reactions: ofafeather
Status
Not open for further replies.