PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
I cant believe I got my collection down to 10.
1. Mosin-Nagant 7.62x54R
2. Lakefield MKIII .22lr
3. Mossberg 152K .22lr
4. Marlin 795 .22lr
5. Browning BPS Stalker 10ga
6. Winchester SXP 12ga
7. Browning Citori White Lightning 16ga
8. El Faisan SxS 16ga
9. Browning CXS White 20ga
10. Boito SxS .410ga.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Discussion of electronic cigarettes, or any other electronic nicotine delivery device is forbidden.
Posts regarding marijuana or other drugs are not allowed.
These items have NOTHING to do whatsoever with the true pipe smoking experience.
If you want to talk about these items, you are in the wrong place.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I have seen people on crack and other “enhancements” with exit holes in their backs the size of apples that kept on coming. This is by far the exception. 99.9% will stop once hit by most any caliber. Trust me, it hurts. Contrary to what experts will tell you, a lowly .22 will change the minds of almost all attackers. Same goes for bird shot at closer ranges.

While I understand the desire for a larger caliber and have a 9mm next to my bed, I've never bought into the "smaller calibers aren't enough" argument. For home defense, I'd happily grab my 22 M4 if it was what I could grab. 25 small rounds aimed with better precision are just as good as fewer larger rounds. Statistically speaking, a 22lr has a better one shot incapacitation rate than a 9mm simply because I believe more people can hit on target with it.

stopping-power-stats.jpg

Now, I'm not saying a 22lr has the same "traditional" stopping power against all threats (crack addicts for example) but any gun has stopping power in most instances. If an intruder sees a gun wielded in their direction, they flee. What they don't do is stop to ask what caliber you are using so they can evaluate the risk. Reloads are during a gun fight is very rare in police instances and extraordinarily rare in civilian instances. My EDC is a Kimber Micro 380. My friends all carry 12+ round nines in the city. Their thought is they want more rounds just in case. As someone who has gone 57 years without getting in a gun fight, I look at it as I am carrying 8 more rounds than I've ever needed before.

BTW, if you are looking for a home defense shot gun, look at the KelTec KS7 or KSG. Without mods, they can carry 7 or 14 standard rounds and 11 or 22 mini shells. Tremendously fun guns to shoot at the range and perfect for home defense because of their bullpup configuration.
FC7E9CB8-EA90-4178-B061-2719BAAA91AD.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
While I understand the desire for a larger caliber and have a 9mm next to my bed, I've never bought into the "smaller calibers aren't enough" argument. For home defense, I'd happily grab my 22 M4 if it was what I could grab. 25 small rounds aimed with better precision are just as good as fewer larger rounds. Statistically speaking, a 22lr has a better one shot incapacitation rate than a 9mm simply because I believe more people can hit on target with it.

stopping-power-stats.jpg

Now, I'm not saying a 22lr has the same "traditional" stopping power against all threats (crack addicts for example) but any gun has stopping power in most instances. If an intruder sees a gun wielded in their direction, they flee. What they don't do is stop to ask what caliber you are using so they can evaluate the risk. Reloads are during a gun fight is very rare in police instances and extraordinarily rare in civilian instances. My EDC is a Kimber Micro 380. My friends all carry 12+ round nines in the city. Their thought is they want more rounds just in case. As someone who has gone 57 years without getting in a gun fight, I look at it as I am carrying 8 more rounds than I've ever needed before.

BTW, if you are looking for a home defense shot gun, look at the KelTec KS7 or KSG. Without mods, they can carry 7 or 14 standard rounds and 11 or 22 mini shells. Tremendously fun guns to shoot at the range and perfect for home defense because of their bullpup configuration.
View attachment 82150
I’ve got one and they aren’t too much fun to shoot IMO. I prefer semiauto.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Since I can't really deny owning this one to the gov I might as well post it:

View attachment 82010
Go plinkin with those lil cute rounds?
for a small round rifle I personally would choose the AK74

for such a heavy gun might as well get a G3 clone or variant and fire off some decently powered rounds. iMo

Status
Not open for further replies.