PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's primarily to protect others, and that may be a bridge too far, an intrusion on individuality and independence. Collectively, it is to protect me if others also do so. I certainly felt goofy running errands in a mask. As I told the guy at the drugstore who was not wearing a mask, I hope this mask is as silly (unnecessary) as it looks. Next time I came in, he was wearing a mask. Some things about living in close proximity are shared. I know it's annoying, but it is so.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
As it turns out...shaming people into wearing masks doesn't make them more effective for viruses.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I put one on when I walked in the paint store today.. There was a big sign on the door saying, "mask required".. Plus my company has a past due bill, and I really needed some paint. Right after I walked in I saw the owner roll his eyes and snatch a mask from under his desk.. wait! he put that on for me.. But this was his sign? I told him if he had that on for me he doesn't have to bother. We both took mask off and did business.. But It was his sign that caused it! There is less logic being used than ever before.

I'm not agaisnt mask.. I am against everybody running around without common sense. One useless measure after another these days... If were not careful we'll teach a generation of kids to do arbitrary things, with no regard.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Yes, we saw that and commented and it was closed: Testy Cigar Customer at Cigars International... :: Pipe Tobacconists - B&M's and Internet Retailers - https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/testy-cigar-customer-at-cigars-international.78440/

And here we go again.

It's amazing how many people think wearing a mask is violation of some idea that they have,
Since I'm racing to be IBTL, I'll quickly and simply say that so many other free thinking people don't wanna be like this:

SheepleCartoon.jpg

But, since some others are all for the ninja outfit because they've been driven to the highly psychotic state of being afraid of themselves (because they admit that "the mask doesn't protect me but it protects others, cray [in other words **I** am the disease]") I'm sure they won't have problems with this at all:

Heck, they'll even actively promote it and denounce those who oppose it.

And some were wondering how a smoking ban in private homes would even be enforced? When there's an ill will, the PTB always find a way.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Ever lived somewhere with a Homeowners Association?

How did you like it?

Ever do it again?

Thought so. lol

Well, Social Media has given those people with the personality type who LOVE being on an HOA board the means to behave that way everywhere they look. In every interaction they have. 24/7.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
...but not based on obvious scientific fraud.
Indeed.

What's most bad about this angry individual's actions is that such outbursts only help the tyrant technocrats: the media doesn't have to add much spin to the story to hit the public mind with these fraudulent conclusions;
  1. Pro-mask people are good people: they care and help save lives.
  2. Anti-mask people are bad guys: they're murderers who don't care about others, and villains who destroy lives.
  3. Guns are evil and must be banned and all of them confiscated.
:rolleyes: :(

Reactions: elasmo and ron123

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Indeed.

What's most bad about this angry individual's actions is that such outbursts only help the tyrant technocrats: the media doesn't have to add much spin to the story to hit the public mind with these fraudulent conclusions;
  1. Pro-mask people are good people: they care and help save lives.
  2. Anti-mask people are bad guys: they're murderers who don't care about others, and villains who destroy lives.
  3. Guns are evil and must be banned and all of them confiscated.
:rolleyes: :(

For every story of an "anti-masker" doing something crazy, there have been probably 10 of a "pro-masker" going psycho on someone.

But that's the power of propaganda on the herd.

Status
Not open for further replies.