PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Beautiful pipes. That first pipe is so unusual for PH IMO. It's the only one I've seen of his in that shape.
Another one from the same period,

pipelon.jpgpipelon6.jpg

Marked P.Holm Pipe Lon. From Preben Holm,

"When I was called up for military service (~1965) I had 18 pieces of these pipes which I was unable to sell. Therefore I left them in my father's shop. One day when I returned home there was big news. An American, called Lon Schwartz had been calling. Lon Schwartz was making a purchase trip for his retail shop in St. Thomas, the Virgin Islands, USA. When he saw the 18 pipes he was very enthusiastic about them and bought them on the spot, placing at the same time orders for everything I could make against being entrusted with the monopoly in the entire U.S.A. When my military service came to an end there was a lot to do."

• Wow
Reactions: mau1

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Another one from the same period,

View attachment 61633View attachment 61634

Marked P.Holm Pipe Lon. From Preben Holm,

"When I was called up for military service (~1965) I had 18 pieces of these pipes which I was unable to sell. Therefore I left them in my father's shop. One day when I returned home there was big news. An American, called Lon Schwartz had been calling. Lon Schwartz was making a purchase trip for his retail shop in St. Thomas, the Virgin Islands, USA. When he saw the 18 pipes he was very enthusiastic about them and bought them on the spot, placing at the same time orders for everything I could make against being entrusted with the monopoly in the entire U.S.A. When my military service came to an end there was a lot to do."
Looks like a nice bath towel, must be made by Cone milling.