PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rknoblauch

Lurker
Feb 19, 2016
[/quote] Could you rephrase that, please? I get the drift, but not the specific.

define proper as mucking around until you find what works for you. That's why I said "give it a go." Might work.[/quote]

May the definition of proper be now known.

rknoblauch

Lurker
Feb 19, 2016
Just loaded a bowl of CAO EILEENS DREAM ground up and smoked wonderful first actual time I could taste the sweet of it on my tounge happened just over half way through and right down to about the last eighth.

rknoblauch

Lurker
Feb 19, 2016
One of the best pipe smoking tips I ever picked up was back in 1996. I was reading the P&T Magazine article on pipe maker Michael Butera. He mentioned in the article that he always used a one speed food processor to grind up his tobacco before loading and smoking it. Butera said that the further mixing of the various leaf in blends would be more uniform and make the flavor presentation better. He also said it makes the pipe much easier to pack evenly, thus preventing hot spots and making the burn much more uniform as you work your way down the bowl.
All of that sure made sense to me. So, late one night when my wife was asleep I looked around the kitchen. I couldn't find a one speed food processor but I did find her juicer. I can tell you right now not to use one of those as the speed of the blender turned my tobacco into puree. I quickly washed out her juicer and went back to bed. I did get a one speed Black and Decker food processor that I now use all the time.
As a final note, the very next morning after I first tried my wife's juicer, I got in all kinds of trouble and was in the dog house for a week. Mostly because she didn't enjoy the flavor that Latakia shards left in her fresh squeezed orange juice. Guess I didn't wash the dadgum thing out good enough. )-:
Hahaha now I love a good story and a experience.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Just smoke a shag. Burns well, every time. You can see why our forebears enjoyed this cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.