PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Well, today I final made a start! I had forgotten that last summer or maybe spring is ordered two kits from Steve at Vermont Freehand so I was actually ready to go. Here's a video of the block and a little intro:
http://youtu.be/UiE6_2QEFGs
I have made a small amount of progress: de-barked the plateau and and began the rough cut. I'll upload some photos and post them on a little while.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Here are a few of the stills:

And after de-barking and beginning some rough cutting/shaping:

This is probably as far as I'll get until next week but I'll update as I go.

Jan 8, 2013
My briar came from Vermont Freehand as well. I'm very pleased it with it. Looks like you have some nice grain on that block, and since you removed the bark instead of just taking off the plateau, I'm assuming you're going for plateau on the bottom of the pipe?

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
My second one came from Vermont Freehand. It turned out much better than my first one. Much better piece of briar.
Good to see you get going Greg (since you instigated it) :)
Go man go!

Jan 8, 2013
Good to see you get going Greg (since you instigated it)
I totally agree. Greg, you've awakened the sleeping giant in quite a few of us, causing us to try our hand at creating something we all love... pipes. And we even get our own little subforum out of it. Looking forward to watching this pipe progress. And I think the rest of us taking this pipe making thing on all thank you for getting us started. It's a blast, man! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.