PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CZ_Piper

Lurker
Mar 26, 2020
Hi, i am still new to the pipe smoking community and i generally consider myself a hobbyist and have been enjoying pipes for just over a year now. Pipe smoking has been a tradition in my family for a long time going back to the first and second world wars and even prior to that. Which is probably why i like to smoke most of the old traditional blends and things that i remember from years ago. I look forward to learning more about the pipe smoking tradition, discovering new blends and chatting with you all in the forums.

Cheers,

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
Hi, i am still new to the pipe smoking community and i generally consider myself a hobbyist and have been enjoying pipes for just over a year now. Pipe smoking has been a tradition in my family for a long time going back to the first and second world wars and even prior to that. Which is probably why i like to smoke most of the old traditional blends and things that i remember from years ago. I look forward to learning more about the pipe smoking tradition, discovering new blends and chatting with you all in the forums.

Cheers,
You mentioned you family tradition of pipe smoking. I am curious if you were able to research what pipes and blends your people preferred.

Reactions: peregrinus

CZ_Piper

Lurker
Mar 26, 2020
You mentioned you family tradition of pipe smoking. I am curious if you were able to research what pipes and blends your people preferred.
Yes i do, i know that my grandfather smoked prince Albert along with half and half, and a few other brands. My great uncles smoked about the same along with sir Walter Raleigh and a few different Dunhill blends. As for further back than the 40s or 50s i couldn't say for certain. But i do have a lot of old pipes and a few vintage tins from that period.

Reactions: docpierce
Status
Not open for further replies.