Greetings

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcon

Preferred Member
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I am a long time lurker joining the action. I believe I once was a very inactive member (over a decade ago) many years and emails ago. My

“online” viewing and occasional posts date back to the old alt.newsgroups for tobacco, pipe, and cigars. I am approaching my sixth decade and have been a tobacco shop and cigar shop manager in some of my previous work incarcerations. I have enjoyed observing. I hope that I may have something to contribute to the discussions

hawky454

Preferred Member
Feb 11, 2016
Welcome to the fold. It’s good to see a lot of people joining these days.

dcon

Preferred Member
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks, all! jpmcwjr, I probably should have phrased that six decades a little more succinct, lol. I have ten more years than you have given me. I am 58.

bnichols23

Preferred Member
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Welcome (back), dcon! BTW, don't mind John (jpm). Like the rest of us geezers/wheezers/ codgers/old dudes he's just set in his ways, which fortunately for the world are mainly good ones. }:)
BTW, recruitment season for the Frigate crew is coming. (Heck, who am I kidding? We're ALWAYS open to new scurvy dogs!) How good are you at handling gunpowder??
BTW2, where/when/what were your days behind the counter & jars? There are a few of us who did a hitch or two there. :)
Like 50, 60 is a little easier to look back on than forward to. When I hit 70 I'll let you know if the same applies. -laugh-
Bill

dcon

Preferred Member
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Bill, I did the tobacco store stint in the mid 80s and the cigar store in the late 90s. It was in the Midwest. I have lived in FL the last 12 years

Status
Not open for further replies.