PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK2Raptor

Lurker
Feb 7, 2020
Virginia Beach
Hello all! I used to lurk on this forum/site quite often about 12 years ago. Got into pipes about that time and spent a few years collecting and smoking. Life went on and I basically stopped smoking pipes altogether. Been itching to pick it back up again, so got back on the Interwebs to see what the community is like nowadays. Pipe smoking doesn't seem to be as popular today as it was then. Sad to see my favorite site, A Passion For Pipes, has gone away and also the Pipes and Tobacco magazine.

Anyway, thought I'd join and say hi. Maybe I'll finally break in some of those brand new pipes and crack the tins of tobacco I bought 9-12 years ago!

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pipe smoking doesn't seem to be as popular today as it was then

Interesting, as I've always read that pipe smoking is on the uptake in recent years.

Well i guess a welcome back is in order?

Your story of having tins, leaving the pipe for a while, and then coming back is a good reinder for us never to liquidate our cellars in case we come back one day. Now you have some tins with some great age on them.

Reactions: JK2Raptor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from neighboring central N.C. If I'd been willing to go to Navy boot camp at Great Lakes in October through December, I might have ended up near Virginia Beach as home port, instead of flying to Clark Air Force Base and bussing to Subic Bay to cruise for many months off coastal Vietnam up near the DMZ. Ahoy! Pretty coast there too.

Reactions: JK2Raptor
Status
Not open for further replies.