PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

enrikon

Lurker
Dec 26, 2018
I'm the closest one :P Even if I'm not Sienese I always watch TV all the palio di Siena. Great show!

themitch

Lurker
Jan 16, 2019
Siena
@enricon I'm not Senese, either, just studying there. But the Palio is captivating none the less! On a side note, I just went to Firenze for the weekend, I love that city!

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Welcome. I'm heading to Tuscany in the summer and rather looking forward to it.

themitch

Lurker
Jan 16, 2019
Siena
@jazz if you happen to need advice on good places to eat (especially in Siena) just ask :)
@ssjones I think enrikon bested me in that regard :) but I have German parents so maybe I'm the first German-Italian from Tuskany :D

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
@jazz if you happen to need advice on good places to eat (especially in Siena) just ask [:)]
Thank you, themitch but I'm rather more interested in good places to buy tobacco and pipes :D

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
@jazz sadly the tobacco selection In Italy is not wery wide (thank goodness we have Samuel Gawith and their 250g bulks) but as pipes go in Siena there is Il Chiasso Largo and Castellana in Firenze.

If you come by the coastal region you could visit the workshop of Andrea Gigliucci.

A detour out of Tuskany to Rome would give you the opportunity to visit the fantastic showroom-workshop of Massimo and Giorgio Musicò
Thanks, buddy! Interesting stuff. I'll definitely be checking at least a couple of those out.

Status
Not open for further replies.