PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
Frog Morton's Cellar... legendary. I enjoy several blends from Aromatics to burly to English to Virgina's now after a few years. Great to have you hear, and welcome from the USA!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Greetings one and all!
I'm Dan, I'm 37 years old and live in Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK.
I first became interested in clay pipes when I saw an English Civil war re-enactor smoking one.
Later on, another re-enactor (Napoleonic redcoat this time) that I used to see at events at Cromford Mill regularly smoked a Georgian clay pipe.
This is the pipe I'm posing with in my profile picture (there was no baccy in it as I'd accidentally tipped it out)!
After seeing a few other re-enactors smoking clay pipes, this is when I knew I wanted to smoke one, so when I saw some for sale at Chesterfield flea market in 2018 (after I moved out of my parents' house), I bought a couple.
Now I've got quite a few, although Mum and Dad are looking after them for me, apart from my latest one that I got off eBay from The Pipe Rack.
I've smoked 4 pouches of Condor Ready Rubbed in my latest clay since I received it last week, so I'm giving up the pipe in May to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support in memory of a friend who died of cancer 2 years ago:
Sadly missed by everyone who ever had the pleasure of meeting him.
Link to fundraising website:

Reactions: BlueMaxx

GJMinVT

Lurker
May 7, 2020
Vermont
Welcome from Vermont (USA)!
I’m supposed to be in the UK this fall, if the world actually reopens, and I’ll be looking for some good advice on where to enjoy a pipe and a pint.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Bom Dia, G'Day and Welcome. I'm Irish but lived in London from 1978 (arrived as a student) until 2013 when I emigrated to Sydney. Now I've moved again- which may have been in wife's plans but wasn't really in mine - to Brazil.

Anyway, a fine choice of tobaccos (but I'm biased; it's pretty much what I started with too!). :sher:

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.