PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevBriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2022
Thumb of Michigan
Hello all,

New member here who's been smoking pipes on and off for a little over a decade. I started out in college thanks to a good friend (a member here) introducing me and giving me my first pipe (a Kaywoodie.)

I enjoy most English blends, good aromatics (Bob's Chocolate, Country Squire's Rivendell, Boswell's Chocolate Creme), and have been getting more into Virginias and VaPers. I don't have a huge pipe collection, but a couple of my favorites are a Stanwell Vario 118, a Bones Apple, and Savinelli 122. I’ve attached a photo with most of my pipes.

I'm a pastor in the Thumb of Michigan, the area where I grew up. I love the state, and especially enjoy forays into the Upper Peninsula.

Looking forward to being a part of the forum!

Attachments

• 6B3BCA24-9BF0-4226-8A98-002BEEF94059.jpeg
    6B3BCA24-9BF0-4226-8A98-002BEEF94059.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 28

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
Welcome brother from Alabama! I am pretty new too and love Virginia's and Vapors. Per your picture I read "The Idiot" by Dostoevsky that was a hard read:)
Soli Deo Gloria

RevBriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2022
Thumb of Michigan
Welcome brother from Alabama! I am pretty new too and love Virginia's and Vapors. Per your picture I read "The Idiot" by Dostoevsky that was a hard read:)
Soli Deo Gloria
“The Idiot” is one of my favorite of Dostoevsky’s works.

I lived in Birmingham, AL for 4 years for studies. Didn’t do much in the Northern part of the state except take our kids to the Space & Rocket Center once. That was great.

Reactions: AlanH

djgilx

Might Stick Around
Nov 22, 2014
Dover, England
Hello all,

New member here who's been smoking pipes on and off for a little over a decade. I started out in college thanks to a good friend (a member here) introducing me and giving me my first pipe (a Kaywoodie.)

I enjoy most English blends, good aromatics (Bob's Chocolate, Country Squire's Rivendell, Boswell's Chocolate Creme), and have been getting more into Virginias and VaPers. I don't have a huge pipe collection, but a couple of my favorites are a Stanwell Vario 118, a Bones Apple, and Savinelli 122. I’ve attached a photo with most of my pipes.

I'm a pastor in the Thumb of Michigan, the area where I grew up. I love the state, and especially enjoy forays into the Upper Peninsula.

Looking forward to being a part of the forum!
Welcome brother! I like your books!

Reactions: RevBriar

RevBriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2022
Thumb of Michigan
I often wonder if C.S. Lewis brought more pipe smokers to Christianity or more Christians to pipe smoking.
Absolutely. I think a lot of theologically and literarily minded guys in my generation we’re inspired by Lewis and Tolkien. That was part of it for me.
That’s part of what drew me to pipe smoking, but then once I got into it I also appreciated a connection with my grandfather who was a pipe smoker, but quit before I was born.

Reactions: edger

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome from northern Illinois. Spent many summer vacations in the U.P. when our kids were young. My wife and I recently were discussing taking a long weekend and visiting Frankenmuth, it's been about 15 years since our last visit. Not quite the thumb...close enough.

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
“The Idiot” is one of my favorite of Dostoevsky’s works.

I lived in Birmingham, AL for 4 years for studies. Didn’t do much in the Northern part of the state except take our kids to the Space & Rocket Center once. That was great.

did you go to Beeson?

Status
Not open for further replies.