PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2021
Tejas
Hello fellow pipe and pipe tobacco enthusiasts! My name is Eric (coastalpelican), and I appreciate not only the hospitality and vast amounts of information provided by such a forum but the mere fact that a place like this still exist in today's technocratic internet standards. It has been sometime since I've engaged in the digital setting of the tobacco... my how the times have changed.

I first became a pipe smoker and tobacco enthusiast in 2011, when I was graciously given the opportunity to work as a tobacconist at my local Brick & Mortar while working my way through college. Along my journey at my beloved shop, I learned much about cigars and pipe tobacco but more so, than anything else, I experienced the true definition of camaraderie and friendship. The power of a freshly lit premium cigar or a well-tended pipe is rivalled by absolutely nothing else when amongst friends, new and old, from all walks of life.

As far as pipe preference is concerned, I love traditional-shaped briars, such as billiards and princes, made by the likes of Mark Tinsky and other U.S. craftsmen, such as Jonathan Lavezzo's original Moonshine Pipe Company (thanks, big government). I regularly enjoy traditional, Latakia-forward English blends, like G.L. Pease's Quite Nights and Dunhill's Peterson's Early Morning Pipe... and although Cyprian Latakia, gaining in popularity by defualt, gets the job done, it can never take the place of that sweet, sweet Syrian leaf).

Without a doubt, however, my personal favorite blends, bar none, are the heavy hitting blends that include Dark Fired Kentucky, Virginia, and/or Burley tobaccos! I LOVE G.L. Pease's Jack Knife Plug, Mac Barren's Old Dark Fire and Bold Kentucky, Cornell & Diehl's Old Joe Krantz, and Samuel Gawith's 1792 Flake... to name only a few.

Although my smoking rituals have slowed with each passing milestone of life, graduating college, pursuing my dream career in education, marrying the woman of my dreams, purchasing out first home, and recently giving birth to our first child, a beautiful baby girl, the passion I have for the brother and sisterhood of the leaf remains.

Thank you for taking a current nomad, such as myself, in with open arms and taking the time to read my introduction. I look forward to engaging with this fine community!

- coastalpelican

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Welcome to the forum, from Southern CA. Tally up another bird nerd here! My bowl of Stonehaven at sunset was accompanied by a Downy Woodpecker, a Northern Flicker, a Western Bluebird couple, and several white-breasted nuthatches beyond my view (but I sure heard 'em!).

Enjoy the journey.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Greetings from Los Angeles. This is the best pipe forum around and you will love it here.

Sounds like we have a lot on common. Just had my baby girl a few months ago.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Welcome from SE Louisiana from a transplanted Texan. I grew up in the Golden Triangle and still have family living in the Beaumont area.

Status
Not open for further replies.