PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osirus

Might Stick Around
May 13, 2022
Nebraska, USA
Seems introductions are encouraged here, so I'll give it a go.

Got tired of paying $6 per pack/$60 per carton of cigarettes (which is actually pretty cheap compared to some areas of the US). Picked up a Mikromatic rolling machine, some tubes, and tobacco. After the initial investment, my cost went to about $1 per pack/$10 per carton (plus time to inject using the machine, which is the biggest trade off)

Saw a bag of cherry pipe tobacco and decided to give it a whirl (I know the whole cherry thing is common for beginners). Rolled a few cigs out of it- the machine didn't like the damp wide cut tobacco. Realized it was actually pipe tobacco, picked up a starter kit on amazon and spent the last few months learning.

Got a few estate pipes, a selection of primarily aromatic tobaccos (this is what I want right now, something tastier and better smelling than cigs). Really having fun with the "hobby" side of it. Made a few orders off of P&C and 4noggins. Some corn cobs in the mail for creating a rotation.

Aside from the newly acquired pipe smoking hobby, I went to college for engineering (Architectural Engineering- for building systems) which was harder than I had anticipated, enjoy classic cars and fixing them (or trying to: I can break it on my own and usually pay less than at a shop) and I've had my 1976 Datsun 280z for over 10 years now. I also enjoy artistic pursuits like painting, architectural model building, and Halloween. I love the art/lighting/ambiance of Halloween and the fall.

I hope to learn a lot here and converse with like-minded individuals, as well as find a positive outlet to occupy my time. I am also 1.5 years sober, had a rather nasty relapse in 2020 (it was a rough time for everyone).

I've included a picture of the Datsun (I put a replacement stock engine in it a few years ago, yes on my own and I only had a few leftover bolts) and a Halloween yard display I did in 2018.

NICE Z ROGER.JPGMyers Blue.jpg

Osirus

Might Stick Around
May 13, 2022
Nebraska, USA
Welcome Midwestern brethren! From Wisconsin here! Something special about the Midwest!
Yes, the older I get, the less I crave a big city and the more I crave open space and nature! Here in Nebraska, there are some good spots just on the outskirts of towns that I'd like to call my own someday! Usually pretty decent people as well (never lived in a really big city so I can only speculate)

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia

Got tired of paying $6 per pack/$60 per carton of cigarettes (which is actually pretty cheap compared to some areas of the US). Picked up a Mikromatic rolling machine, some tubes, and tobacco. After the initial investment, my cost went to about $1 per pack/$10 per carton (plus time to inject using the machine, which is the biggest trade off)

Saw a bag of cherry pipe tobacco and decided to give it a whirl (I know the whole cherry thing is common for beginners). Rolled a few cigs out of it- the machine didn't like the damp wide cut tobacco. Realized it was actually pipe tobacco, picked up a starter kit on amazon and spent the last few months learning.

Got a few estate pipes, a selection of primarily aromatic tobaccos (this is what I want right now, something tastier and better smelling than cigs). Really having fun with the "hobby" side of it. Made a few orders off of P&C and 4noggins. Some corn cobs in the mail for creating a rotation.

Aside from the newly acquired pipe smoking hobby, I went to college for engineering (Architectural Engineering- for building systems) which was harder than I had anticipated, enjoy classic cars and fixing them (or trying to: I can break it on my own and usually pay less than at a shop) and I've had my 1976 Datsun 280z for over 10 years now. I also enjoy artistic pursuits like painting, architectural model building, and Halloween. I love the art/lighting/ambiance of Halloween and the fall.

I hope to learn a lot here and converse with like-minded individuals, as well as find a positive outlet to occupy my time. I am also 1.5 years sober, had a rather nasty relapse in 2020 (it was a rough time for everyone).

I've included a picture of the Datsun (I put a replacement stock engine in it a few years ago, yes on my own and I only had a few leftover bolts) and a Halloween yard display I did in 2018.

View attachment 145436View attachment 145437
Welcome from Virginia

Reactions: Osirus

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana

Greetings from Indiana and great to have another mid-westerner aboard! Sounds like you are off to a good start in this wonderful hobby!

Devo88

Lurker
May 12, 2022

Hello from NZ

Jack the ripper

Might Stick Around
May 19, 2020
Shelbyville, Indiana

Welcome from Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.