36 Fresh Estate Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 8, 2022
Athens, Greece
I've been a lurker in this great forum for many years. You guys -unknowingly- helped me become a better pipe smoker and as a consequence a better person, so it is time to reveal myself, and try to give, at least a fraction, back. I've been smoking the wonderful herb we call tobacco for 11 years now. My grandfather was the last in a line of at least 4 generations of tobacco farmers in Western Greece, cultivating some great Oriental varieties (the policies of EU now ruined all that, my father left the village at 18 to study in the university, but he helped with the harvest every summer up until my grandfathers death at 81). I still remember the summers when I visited the village, me a city boy, I remember the sweet and tangy smell of the tobacco curing in the barn beneath the house, penetrating the wooden floors and filling the house with it's subtle and comforting aroma. It was the safest place in earth and in each pipe I try to emulate that feeling.

I'm glad I will have the oportunity to talk with all of you.

(PS. Forgive my English, they are rusty at best by all this pipe smoking and wine drinking at the salty coasts of Attica.)

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
I've been a lurker in this great forum for many years. You guys -unknowingly- helped me become a better pipe smoker and as a consequence a better person, so it is time to reveal myself, and try to give, at least a fraction, back. I've been smoking the wonderful herb we call tobacco for 11 years now. My grandfather was the last in a line of at least 4 generations of tobacco farmers in Western Greece, cultivating some great Oriental varieties (the policies of EU now ruined all that, my father left the village at 18 to study in the university, but he helped with the harvest every summer up until my grandfathers death at 81). I still remember the summers when I visited the village, me a city boy, I remember the sweet and tangy smell of the tobacco curing in the barn beneath the house, penetrating the wooden floors and filling the house with it's subtle and comforting aroma. It was the safest place in earth and in each pipe I try to emulate that feeling.

I'm glad I will have the oportunity to talk with all of you.

(PS. Forgive my English, they are rusty at best by all this pipe smoking and wine drinking at the salty coasts of Attica.)
Welcome from Virginia

Reactions: OldCaptainTheo