PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesandPups

Lurker
Sep 8, 2022
Howdy y'all from North Carolina! 37 year-old here piping for close to 2 years this winter and have dove in headfirst. My father has been a longtime pipe smoker and I have really enjoyed the bonding experience it's given us the last two years. Current pipe collection is... um... too large, and I am getting a nice cellar going as well. Every time I tell myself I have enough, it lasts for about 3 months before I see something that I just need to add to the collection! Looking forward to the experience here on the forums.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. Plenty of info and pipe conversation here. I always learn something.

Reactions: PipesandPups

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. I will, repeat to you what I tell all new smokers.
Buy a Savinelli from 100-150.00. No filters or adaptor. You will get a nice dry smoke that is drilled properly. It wil, have you a baseline on how a good pipe should smoke. This way when you get real lemon you will know it and toss the bitch. There is no excuse to smoke poorly made pipe. Do your homework and read all you can. Do not settle for shit pipes, you can get great ones for around a 100.00 five or take.

Next read all you can on flake tobacco. Staye away from aromatics. learn how flakes smoke and become am expert in smoking flakes. An entire world of pipe tobacco will open to you. Good luck in your journey.