PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2019
Lower Terrebonne
I'm just a retired Broadcast Executive from New Orleans. At my age, I mostly enjoy dining and smoking. I spend most of my time now either saltwater fishing, napping or hanging out at my camp down the bayou from NOLA. I've always been a big fan of LSU Athletics(Geaux Tigers), Saints and since we acquired Zion, the Pelicans. It's Mardi Gras season so, le bon ton roule (let the good times roll). How do I add a photo as an avatar?

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Welcome UCCS Winter.png
Click on the little Avatar in the top right of the screen, then when the dropdown box appears, do it again and it'll take you to the "Edit" screen.

Reactions: Franco

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central N.C., the Old North State. I have a friend who taught writing at the NOLA high school of the arts, retired for many years to Stuttgart, Germany, and has recently moved back just across the causeway from NOLA. I thought my retirement would be long afternoons deciding whether to take a walk or read a book, but the pace picked up so much, I have to make a plan to do either.

Franco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2019
Lower Terrebonne
Yep, I kind of miss my working days. I found an old photo to use for my avatar. That would be ladies' bras zip-tied together that I'm holding. Back in the early 90s, we did a Breast Cancer Awareness Month promotion on our Rock Radio station where we strung bras across the Mississippi River at NOLA.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello from Austin, Texas.

About ten years ago, my wife and I spent a week in New Orleans over Christmas time. We planned our whole stay around the trolley system and had a great time. No parking, no getting lost, haha.

Spent a whole day in the National WW2 museum and could go back for more.

Saw Trombone Shorty play the Hose Of Blues on Christmas night. Incredible show.

Got out of town before the mayhem of New Years, however...

Welcome to the forum.

1582440099865.png

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Idahojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 30, 2019
Wilder, Idaho
Hello and welcome from Idaho!
Retirement is near at hand for me as well.
My wife and I spent a week in New Orleans back in the early 90's; about a week before Octoberfest- it was pretty wild then as well!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Welcome from..... Slidell, LA.
Not sure if you know, but the New Orleans Pipe Club meets on the second Thursday of each month at Mayan Imports in Metairie. Except for March when we will meet on Thursday, March 26.

Come on down and meet us.

Reactions: Franco and jpmcwjr

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
Great going on getting the Avatar up! Glad to have you here, and big shout outs to you on the NAPS!!!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Welcome! I have a daughter in Covington, we get down to NOLA pretty frequently. (but avoid Mardi Gras). Daughter was at the Endymion parade last night, someone was killed, sad.
What radio station were you with? (I love old school rock radio/AOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.