Greetings from Tennessee! (New Member Intro)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathandleaf

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2020
Tennessee
Hello! My name is Eric. Currently, I hail from Tennessee - I don't see that changing in the near future. I have been enjoying and learning the hobby since 2013 under the wings of a long-time college friend and mentor. As I'm sure many of you can relate, I began with a sport basket pipe and a couple of ounces of a "gentle" aromatic that was about as enjoyable to my palate as original Listerine. Since then, I've amassed a cellar that lacks any clear focus but is decidedly "thin" in the aromatic category. Regarding briar, I have more pipes than I need, but I would still love to have more. I love a good blast and prefer a weight of less than 40g (60g if full bent). Anything very long or heavy can get tedious while hiking. On a personal note, I can be a bit of an introvert and voyeur, but I'm hoping to be more of a participant with a group of fellow hobbyists :)

Severus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 1, 2020
Vaughan, ON
Greetings from Ontario, Canada and welcome to the forums, Eric!

You mention that your cellar is decidedly “thin” on aromatics. Does that mean you cellar very few aromatics or you have none whatsoever? If you do have some, which ones did you find “worthy” of being added to your cellar?

Reactions: heathandleaf

heathandleaf

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2020
Tennessee
Greetings from Ontario, Canada and welcome to the forums, Eric!

You mention that your cellar is decidedly “thin” on aromatics. Does that mean you cellar very few aromatics or you have none whatsoever? If you do have some, which ones did you find “worthy” of being added to your cellar?
"Worthy". Hahaha. Yes, I need to clarify. Among those that I really do enjoy:
  • Peach Cobbler (Briarworks)
  • Corn Cob Pipe and a Button Nose (Cornell & Diehl)
  • Buddies (Dan Tobacco)
  • Dark Sweet Rum (Decatur)
  • Rich Dark Honeydew (Gawith Hoggarth)
  • Vermont Meat Candy (Hearth & Home)
  • Holiday Spirit (McClelland - RIP)
  • Great Dane (Missouri Meerschaum)
  • Mixture 79 (Sutliff)
  • Deluxe Crumb Cut (Watch City Cigar)
Perhaps it's more accurate to write that I'm not actively hunting for aromatics anymore to add to the cellar :) I certainly have a few tins of others, but these are on my "buy again" list.

Reactions: Severus

Severus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 1, 2020
Vaughan, ON
"Worthy". Hahaha. Yes, I need to clarify. Among those that I really do enjoy:
  • Peach Cobbler (Briarworks)
  • Corn Cob Pipe and a Button Nose (Cornell & Diehl)
  • Buddies (Dan Tobacco)
  • Dark Sweet Rum (Decatur)
  • Rich Dark Honeydew (Gawith Hoggarth)
  • Vermont Meat Candy (Hearth & Home)
  • Holiday Spirit (McClelland - RIP)
  • Great Dane (Missouri Meerschaum)
  • Mixture 79 (Sutliff)
  • Deluxe Crumb Cut (Watch City Cigar)
Perhaps it's more accurate to write that I'm not actively hunting for aromatics anymore to add to the cellar :) I certainly have a few tins of others, but these are on my "buy again" list.

Thanks for sharing, @heathandleaf! This list of you “buy again” aromatics is longer than the entire list of all tobacco’s I’ve tried so far. :ROFLMAO:Some of them are already on my “to try“ list and some others I hear about for the first time, so I have got some homework to do. :)

Reactions: heathandleaf
Status
Not open for further replies.