PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
Welcome from Baltimore! Outside of football and hockey season we should be able to look past our hometowns and get along.

Yeah, Escudo is often held as the gold standard of vapers. So as that's aging in your cellar, Peter Stokkebye LBF and Sutliff Victoria (Elizabethian Match) are pretty good to learn on.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Welcome from a fellow Yinzer. Have you been to Allegheny Smokeworks in Blawnox? They have a fairly good collection of bulk tobaccos (in addition to a smaller selection of tinned), and pretty good humidor if you still smoke the sticks. I haven't been there since pre-covid, but I imagine they're open again. They have a lounge as well, and you'll certainly meet some other pipe smokers there.

May 28, 2021
Welcome from Baltimore! Outside of football and hockey season we should be able to look past our hometowns and get along.

Yeah, Escudo is often held as the gold standard of vapers. So as that's aging in your cellar, Peter Stokkebye LBF and Sutliff Victoria (Elizabethian Match) are pretty good to learn on.
Hahaha...Thanks RookieGuy!

As I get older, I am much less of a "homer" than I used to be, and I feel that our hobby should supersede any geographical location (or sports allegiances). :)

I appreciate the recommendation on the vapers - I have yet to try any of the ones you mentioned - but I was seriously considering the Victoria. It is priced much better than EM (obviously, being sold in bulk), but I was unsure whether the same quality was there. Everyone seems to be in agreement about Escudo and LBF.

May 28, 2021
Welcome from a fellow Yinzer. Have you been to Allegheny Smokeworks in Blawnox? They have a fairly good collection of bulk tobaccos (in addition to a smaller selection of tinned), and pretty good humidor if you still smoke the sticks. I haven't been there since pre-covid, but I imagine they're open again. They have a lounge as well, and you'll certainly meet some other pipe smokers there.
Thanks dante. It's always great unexpectedly meeting a Pittsburgh local.

ASW seems to be the place to go in the 'burgh for pipe smokers, so I will definitely have to check it out.

It sounds like you might be overdue for a visit too, perhaps we can meetup for a smoke there sometime!

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
You
Thanks dante. It's always great unexpectedly meeting a Pittsburgh local.

ASW seems to be the place to go in the 'burgh for pipe smokers, so I will definitely have to check it out.

It sounds like you might be overdue for a visit too, perhaps we can meetup for a smoke there sometime!
You're right about that I'm overdue. The staff there really knows their stuff, and Saturday mornings usually have some pipe smoking in the lounge (again, assuming they're back open). I actually hadn't been there in some years because I had quit pipes for a while (no idea why). I'm going to try their phone number -- see if they are back in operation.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
You

You're right about that I'm overdue. The staff there really knows their stuff, and Saturday mornings usually have some pipe smoking in the lounge (again, assuming they're back open). I actually hadn't been there in some years because I had quit pipes for a while (no idea why). I'm going to try their phone number -- see if they are back in operation.
EDIT: I confirmed phone, they are indeed open for business.

Status
Not open for further replies.