PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgh

Lurker
Nov 22, 2019
Born and raised in Southern California, I've been dabbling in pipe smoking off and on for 10 years now. My actual level of competency is quite low, because I haven't been smoking often enough to develop the proper habits. I'll be remedying that soon, with the $97 of tobacco I recently ordered from smokingpipes. I still get a lot of wet smokes, relights, etc, but I'm going to get that sorted out!

I've been smoking what I have open, which is Dunhill Aperitif, GLP Blackpoint, GLP Embarcadero, and SG Kendal Cream Flake. What I don't have open (the entire contents of my cellar) is Mac Baren HH Acadian Perique and GLP Robusto, and they're both nine going on ten years old. I suppose the cigar leaf in Robusto has lost its sharpness by now, but the other components should be quite tasty.

My favorite color is blue, and I haven't tried Mixture 79.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Welcome! I’m sure we all went through the same things starting out. I’m surprised I still have a tongue - lol. Drying that tobacco is key; you’ll get there in no time!

Good to have you here. :)

Reactions: sgh

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Born and raised in Southern California, I've been dabbling in pipe smoking off and on for 10 years now. My actual level of competency is quite low, because I haven't been smoking often enough to develop the proper habits. I'll be remedying that soon, with the $97 of tobacco I recently ordered from smokingpipes. I still get a lot of wet smokes, relights, etc, but I'm going to get that sorted out!

I've been smoking what I have open, which is Dunhill Aperitif, GLP Blackpoint, GLP Embarcadero, and SG Kendal Cream Flake. What I don't have open (the entire contents of my cellar) is Mac Baren HH Acadian Perique and GLP Robusto, and they're both nine going on ten years old. I suppose the cigar leaf in Robusto has lost its sharpness by now, but the other components should be quite tasty.

My favorite color is blue, and I haven't tried Mixture 79.

Where, exactly, in SoCal?

sgh

Lurker
Nov 22, 2019
Thanks for the welcome, all :)

I just attempted drying out some GLP Blackpoint for 45 minutes before loading into a churchwarden. The tobacco felt dry and crunchy, I lost count of the relights, and somehow managed to coax a wet smoke out of it all. I think my loading might have been too loose, or maybe uneven.

7charb: San Bernardino

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Thanks for the welcome, all :)

I just attempted drying out some GLP Blackpoint for 45 minutes before loading into a churchwarden. The tobacco felt dry and crunchy, I lost count of the relights, and somehow managed to coax a wet smoke out of it all. I think my loading might have been too loose, or maybe uneven.

7charb: San Bernardino

Sweet! Lived in Huntington Beach, Stanton, and Garden Grove many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.